Chapter 16 || Share

Y/n pov

I fell on the recliner, breathless and sated, yet the need for more arising from within that I had no control over. I raised my head and looked over at my husband, who was putting on his clothes. A smile pulled at my lips, my face flushed from the after effects of what we just did moments before.

“You’re going?” I asked, keeping the uneasiness out of my voice. I knew Jungkook was downstairs and must be waiting for him, but a selfish, needy part of me wanted him to stay.

Was it because it was Jungkook he was going to? Maybe. Jungkook was someone from his past, though he was still very much part of his life. As who? I had no idea.

I couldn’t even ask Tae-hyung to give closure to my restlessness. I mean, I could ask him but didn’t think I had the right.

Tae-hyung gave me an apologetic look. “As much as I want to stay, I can’t.”

“You’re right. It’s not right to ditch someone like that.” I smiled softly.

“Thanks for understanding, baby. I promise I’ll make it up to you.” He bent down and pressed his lips firmly against mine, then he picked up my night dress from the floor and handed it to me. “Wear it. It’s already hard to leave you here.”

A soft giggle spilled out of my lips. Fuck! The man was amazing, and he had no idea.

Tae-hyung shook his head, smiling softly as he turned and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. The man was carrying my heart around with him, and he didn’t even know. Shame!

I let go of a sigh and fell back. I didn’t know where life was leading me or what my destiny was. I was in love with a man who I didn’t know if I had any right over.

Five more months, and I’d be out of his life. The thought might be depressing, but the truth of my life. The sooner I accepted it, the better it would be for me. I kept telling that to myself and kept forgetting after being with Tae-hyung  .

One breath at a time, I told myself. Overthinking about everything was making my head heavy, and my situation complicated. I should stop doing that and take things as they come. But if only my stubborn, stupid heart could understand that.

The ring of my cell phone snapped me out of my trance. A frown appeared on my face wondering who was calling me this late in the night. I grabbed the phone off the recliner and picked up the call after seeing it was Ji-woo.

“Hey!”

“Babe, did you see the latest news?” Ji-woo asked from the other side of the line.

“What news?”

“I’ll send you the links. Check it yourself,” she replied.

“All right.”

I ended the call and waited for her message. It wasn’t long before I received one, and when I opened the links Ji-woo sent me, I was left gasping in shock.

What the actual fuck?

Playboy Kim Woo-jin says goodbye to bachelorhood, announcing his marriage to Kang Minji.

I read one of the headlines aloud, and my shock deepened. There was even a picture of them together from an event attached to the article.

I read the content of the article on the reliable website, and the more I thought about the sudden news of my sister’s marriage to my husband’s brother, the more I understood what was happening. It wasn’t a love match, of course. My sister had her eyes set on the older brother, and she wasn’t really fond of Woo-jin, the not-so-successful younger brother if compared to the older one. She wasn’t someone who’d settle for less unless she didn’t have any other option. Minji was drowning in debt, and Woo-jin was her way out since I had refused to ask Tae-hyung to help her.