Chapter 6 || Perfection

Y/n pov

"That was crazy," I stumbled into the ladies' room and sighed in relief. The reception party was still going on outside, and I was losing my head at how conflicting his world was from mine. Chalk and cheese? Yeah, that's how different it was. From the interaction with the media to meeting with his relatives and friends, everything left me feeling lightheaded. It was all a blur, and it was a surprise I went through it without making a fool of myself.

But it wasn't that I ran away to have a moment for myself, it was the meeting with his family that triggered my escape. Yeah, they were nice people, if you leave his brother, Woo-jin, out. And his father. He was not really fond of me-it was evident from the encounter I had with him a few moments back. He had that I-don't-trust-you look in his eyes throughout the small talk we had about me. He wasn't pleased to know his son had married a nobody. I didn't blame him, though. The poor man must have gotten a shock with his older son's sudden marriage.

"Was there any dearth of women that you had to go out and marry her?" His father sneered when Kim Tae-hyung introduced me to him.

"That's my wife you're talking to. You will treat her with respect, Dad," Kim Tae-hyung snapped at his father, leaving his father and me surprised. The senior Kim didn't really expect his son to stand up for me. I hadn't either. But it was a pleasant surprise since I was too overwhelmed, and there was so much going on in my head to defend myself in front of Kim Tae-hyung 's father.

Mr. Kim glared at me. The man has got some problems with poor people, or is it just me?

"You can't bring trash home, then expect me to respect it," he sneered. "I expected better from you, but you disappoint me, son."

Mr. Kim shot one more disgust-filled look my way before he turned and walked away from us.

Kim Tae-hyung grabbed my hand and made me face him. "Are you all right? I knew he was going to react like that. I shouldn't have..."

I shook my head, interrupting him. "It's fine. I didn't take his words to heart."

He smiled but still looked unsure. I didn't comment. I had no idea what to feel about my short interaction with his father. But I wouldn't lie saying it didn't sting.

Mr. Kim was downright rude. But unlike him, his mother and sister seemed to have no problem with me. They made me feel welcomed, and from their talks, I could tell they were genuinely happy for Kim Tae-hyung and me.

Letting go of a deep breath, I walked over to the mirror and gave a check to my appearance. I wouldn't lie, I looked beautiful. The outfit I wore was a soft pink designer gown that hugged my upper body then flared out, giving me a princess look. I ran my hands down the dress. I loved it, having never worn something like this before. I was more of a jeans-and-shorts type of girl.

I reapplied my lipstick and gave myself one last look before I made my way out into the party hall. The reception was held at The Grand Hyatt, one of the best hotels in the city, and needless to say, Kim Tae-hyung had spent quite lavishly to make it a perfect and grand event.

I didn't know if I should be happy about it or reprimand him for wasting so much money over something that came with an expiration date. But knowing he wasn't going to listen to me, regardless of how right I was, I kept it to myself.

"You must be happy now. This is what you wanted, right?"

I halted in my steps, hearing a venom-filled voice from behind. I stilled, knowing very well the owner of the voice-my older sister. Fuck, why did she have to come? I was certainly not in a mood to deal with her bitchiness.

"Hey, guys," I greeted my mother and sister, but all I got in return were death glares. Both of them didn't look pleased, and it was the reason I avoided them throughout the evening until now. There was no escape now. I had to deal with them whether I liked it or not. Fuck my life.