Chapter 5 || Firecracker

Y/n pov

Minji stared at me, eyes wide opened, shock written all over her face. I watched as different emotions swirled in her eyes, disbelief standing out as her gaze shifted to the man beside me. I averted my gaze from her to my mother behind her, her expressions mirrored my sister's. I knew it was going to be a task explaining to them about my sudden marriage to 'The' Kim Tae-hyung Kim . There were going to be questions and accusations thrown my way for trapping him when I knew Minji wanted him for herself. Though the possibilities that Kim Tae-hyung would want her were almost nil. But they wouldn't see that.

I would be seen as a betrayer. Maybe I was. But did I care? Not really. Not when I thought about my future. The money I would get from Dad was my only hope to get my life back on track. I was being selfish, but then being selfless had done no good to me.

"Kim Tae-hyung sir," she stuttered. "What are you doing here?"

"Hello, Minji. Hello, Mrs. Kang ," he greeted them politely, but they looked too shocked to greet him back. I couldn't wait to break the news to them. Their reaction would be gold.

"Skinny! Move aside," I narrowed my gaze at her.

She glared but gave us a way to enter the house. I tilted my head to look at him as we made our way inside to the living area. He had a hard-to-read look on his face which wasn't surprising. I mean, when had this man made it easy to read him. Never.

"Y/n, will you tell us what's happening? You were MIA this morning and now came back with Minji's boss." Mom's stern voice stopped me in tracks.

"Well, he isn't just Minji's boss now..." I trailed off, smiling toward the end.

"Such a drama queen you are. Say it already, wifey." Kim Tae-hyung leaned in and whispered to me before he looked up at my family with a forced smile. Both of them looked clueless as well as annoyed about the situation.

"He's my husband," I announced. "We got married today."

"What nonsense," Minji bellowed, her angry gaze shifting from me to him. She stepped forward, her fists clenched at her sides as she pinned me down with her blazing eyes. "How dare you?"

"If you guys don't believe me, then you can ask him." My nonchalant response only seemed to anger them further. I could feel the tension thickening in the room, so thick that I could cut it with a knife.

"Kim Tae-hyung , is it true?" Mom asked, sounding hopeful to hear a negative response.

Sorry, Mom. That isn't happening.

"It's true, Mrs. Kang . I'm married to your daughter, Y/n, now," Kim Tae-hyung replied, confirming my mother's biggest fear come true.

Her pale face drained of all color gave away her true feelings. She didn't like it. It was evident in her dark gaze as it shifted over to me.

"No, this isn't possible," Minji muttered, taking a step back in disbelief. She wanted to say more but was holding herself back, maybe because Kim Tae-hyung was still her boss. He had no idea of her plans of wooing him, and he still held the strings of her career.

"It is. Now, if you'll excuse us, she has to pack some of her stuff, then we'll be leaving for our home," he said, grabbing my hand in his, his eyes boring into mine, arousing something intense inside of me. "Lead us to your room, Y/n."

I stole a last glance at my family before turning around and leading us to my room down the stairs. My heart was thumping loudly as I pushed the door of my bedroom open and stepped inside. I bit my lower lip, a sheepish smile pulled at my lips at the messy sight in front of us. The clothes were scattered on the floor as were my lipstick and eyeliner. I left them there this morning in a hurry to leave.