Chapter 4 || Wedding

Y/n pov

The cab pulled outside a villa located outside the city. I stared out of the cab window, gasping at the sight in front of me. It looked like a fucking royal palace. Geez! Is he a king or what? In a daze, I opened the door and stepped out. I paid the cab driver and made my way toward the huge iron gate.

"Y/n Kang . I have a meeting with Kim Tae-hyung Kim ," I told one of the guards at the gate who inquired about my identity and purpose of the visit.

The armed guard nodded, then confirmed the same with his master on the intercom before he let me inside. I thanked him and walked inside, approaching the main gate of the villa. I noticed a woman in her late twenties standing outside.

"Hello, madam. I'm Somi," the woman introduced herself with a poised, professional smile on her face. "I'll take you to sir."

I acknowledged her with a tilt of my chin. I wanted to smile, but it seemed my senses were not working. Nervousness was crawling its way through me, making me feel giddy and a bit clumsy. I was in a daze following the woman as she led me inside the villa. My eyes roamed around, taking a small amount of time to appreciate the classic interior of the house.

"This way, madam." Somi ascended the stairs, then turned to the left and walked down the hallway. I followed behind, not like I had any other choice.

"Sir is waiting inside," she said as we stopped outside a wooden door. "You can go in."

Somi turned and walked away, leaving me alone in dread. I rubbed my sweaty palms together and drew in a deep breath. A small part of me wanted to run away, but then I didn't want to continue living like I was anymore. Bracing myself, I lifted my hand and knocked on the door softly.

"Come on in, Y/n," came the husky drawl from inside.

God, how was I to stay away from this sex-on-legs creature when his every gesture pulled me to him. Everything about him was sexy, making me think of the sinful things that should be considered illegal for a twenty-year-old.

My fingers curled around the doorknob, gathering my thoughts for one last time before I pushed the door open and stepped inside.

I looked around taking in the classy and cozy study. It had the best of everything money could buy. And there was nothing flashy, just classic, elegant things that could give any royal palace a run for its money.

A broad smile pulled at my lips when I caught sight of him. "Hey, Richie Rich!"

An act of nonchalance could be tough when you were a mess inside, but it was the only option I was left with. Coming across vulnerable was the last thing I would ever want. All I had known the past few years was that you show your weakness to people, and they won't hesitate using it against you.

"Hello, Y/n." My name rolled off his tongue. "How are you?"

"As good as one would be after agreeing to her temporary marriage." He smirked, amused with my reply. "I like this fire in you."

Kim Tae-hyung rose from his seat, rounded the wooden desk as he approached me, and I could just gawk. He looked like a dream-a fucking dream-in a pair of blue jeans and an off-white sweatshirt that fit him well, outlining his perfectly toned body. My breath caught in my throat. He was going to be my husband for a year. I was so doomed.

"Have a seat." He gestured toward the sofa to his right. "Coffee or tea?"

"A Coke would be good," I said, dropping down on the plush sofa. I leaned back and let go of a sigh while he called his household help through the intercom and told them to bring drinks for us. Once he was done, he grabbed a file off the desk and moved over to take a seat beside me.