Chapter thirty eight

"Good morning, Deku." I open one eye slightly and I'm met with Kacchan's face, glowing in the morning sunlight. His eyes, usually a dark crimson red, are now shiny and light. His cheeks have a soft pink and yellow hue with a spray of very small tan freckles across them as well as his nose. His lips look soft and slightly pink. I open both of my eyes fully and rub them to get the sleep out. Kacchan is on his side, with his arm propped up and his head on his hand. My eyes stray away from his face and to his hair. It's messy and golden in the morning sun. My eyes shift once again, but now to his body. He's so. . . so undeniably beautiful. "Good morning, Kacchan." I say a little raspy, but happy to see his face first thing after opening my eyes. "How are you so beautiful after just waking up?" I ask, genuinely unsure of how this man pulls of every look without struggle. He scoffs and rolls his eyes, "I didn't just wake up. It's almost noon, dumb ass." My eyes widen in surprise, "Actually? We went to bed at a decent time last night." "Yep." He shows me the time on my phone. Sure enough, almost one. "I guess it must be this bed then." I laugh a little. This bed is very comfortable. Like abnormally comfy. Thinking about it now, the dorm beds suck. They're hard and it's difficult to get good rest on them. No wonder I slept so late, I haven't gotten good sleep since home. "Right?" He says, "it's about the only good thing in this place." So pessimistic as always. His parents aren't super well off, but it's obvious they aren't poor. This house as well as the furniture and other things filling the house are well made and nice. "Yeah whatever, Kacchan. You exaggerate too much." "What's with you and your attitude all of the sudden, huh? Punk." He pokes my side. "You're just rude! It's obvious your parents love you and have worked hard for you." "Yeah, yeah. Don't wanna hear it Deku. Are you ever planning to get up?" I roll on my side so I'm a little closer to him. "I dunno, your bed is pretty comfy." His eyes widen a little, almost unnoticeable, then he looks away quickly. "What? Why are you shy all of a sudden, Kacchan?" I playfully tease. "You're getting to cocky, Deku." He scoffs, "you're lucky I like you otherwise I'd sock you in your gut." "Yeah whatever I'm sure you would." I roll my eyes and throw the covers off my body. Last night we slept together as usual after having dinner with his parents. They're both very very nice, and it seems like they like me a lot luckily. "Why are you wanting me to get out of bed so much? Do you have something planned?" He sits up in his bed, "Well about that, my parents are wanting to go out for lunch with us." "Oh! That sounds fun!" I say excited. I'm thankful they think to include me already. "Well let's get ready then." I smile at him. "Yeah alright, Deku."

"When he was little he would always pretend he was a super hero and pretend fight bad guys." Mitsuki laughs and covers her mouth with one hand. "He'd practically wrestle with himself all the time." "Mom! Dude, enough!" She rolls her eyes, "Don't be embarrassed it's cute!" I laugh as well and elbow Kacchan's arm, "Who'd you wrestle, huh?" "Shut up, you asshole." "Kacchan! You don't talk to your friends like that. Now apologize." He widens his eyes, "Sorry." "Properly." Mitsuki demands. "I'm sorry for being rude." "Good. Anyways he was just the cutest kid." Mitsuki goes back on to rave about Kacchan and how he was as a child, she even ended up whipping out her husbands wallet with pictures of him. He is pretty cute admittedly. We eventually get our food and end up talking about school and how it's been so far, and then we all leave. They're very nice and seem like they love Kacchan very much. Their household contrast drastically to how mine was. They're very loud all the time, constantly yelling and bickering back and forth. I mean, other than Kacchan's father, he's a lot more quiet and reserved but when things become heated between Kacchan and his mom he interjects himself to calm them down, usually being completely ignored between the two. My mother was also very quiet, but she was very kind. She has a kind and soft heart, and I know she means well, she's just a little. . . traditional when it comes to a lot of things, which is frustrating and disheartening. Deep down I know I still love her, but I don't think I can bring myself to talking to her again. At least until her values change. "What's on your mind?" Kacchan asks. "My mom." I answer truthfully. "I wish she thought differently." I miss being a small kid. When I didn't have to worry about much other than school. She was always kind to me then. I miss her cooking and her bedtime stories, as well as her praise and uplifting words. "Why?" "Because I miss her." Again, he looks confused. I'm sitting on his bed and he's in his chair at his desk. "She was so awful to you. . . how can you miss her?" "The good outweighs the bad I guess. She just wants the best for me but doesn't really understand sometimes." He hums in response as if he doesn't know what else to say. "You know, Deku. I don't understand how you feel." I look back over at him, he's looking down at the floor. "It's usually easy for me to detach from people when they've hurt me." Maybe that's why he's the way he is with his mom then? "Is that why you dislike your mom?" He doesn't answer for a moment, "yeah." "I see." I also pause for a moment. Then what about Kirishima? What made him different that Kacchan couldn't detach himself from him? How could he detach himself from his own mom but not an ex who hurt him? "Then what about. . ." I stop myself from finishing the question. "What about what?" "Kirishima." He looks at me with a blank expression and simply states, "I believed he was different." "Oh." I wonder why Kacchan even liked him in the first place. Maybe it was how he looked. He is pretty attractive and much more Kacchan's style. I stop myself from thinking about him any further before I compare myself to him anymore. I grab my phone from Kacchan's side table and look at the time. "It's almost eleven." "You ready for bed?" "Yeah." "Scoot over then." I smile and do as he says. I'm happy I can spend this time with him. He gets into bed with me and I throw the covers over his body. "Shit the light." "I'll get it," I raise up and start to try to get over Kacchan but end up in a hovering position over him. My face goes red. "S-sorry!" I say and I hurriedly try to get off of him, but he grabs my hips. "I know you like it don't act like you want to get away from me." I small suprised noise comes from my throat without command and my eyes widen. "Well I was just trying to turn off the light! N-not get on you like this! And you're all, um, yeah so. ." "I'm all what?" "Nothing!" "No, no," he grins and softens his voice, "say it." "Like. . . that." "Hm? Like that? Deku, be specific for me." "Like! Y'know! Um, attractive." I blurt out as fast as I can say. "Good boy." And suddenly, he puts his hand on the back of my head and pulls me down towards his lips, and he kisses me. My heart races and I can feel how warm his lips are. I pull away, "Now go turn out that light. It's bedtime isn't it?" "Oh, uh, y-yeah!" I stumble off of him, my composure has been utterly annihilated at this point, I'm in shambles. I climb back over him and lay back down in my spot closest to the wall. He smiles and puts his hand on my chin and kisses me again, this time a short peck. "Goodnight, nerd." "G-goodnight, Kacchan." I mumble back. He turns over and pulls the covers up.