Chapter nineteeny

"DEKUUUUU!" Uraraka screams dramatically from the far side of the corridor, waving her arms in the air frantically. "Yeah?!" I say back loudly, very concerned. She runs up to me with her hands in front of her, until eventually she makes it to me and wraps her arms around me. "I'm gonna go to class with you today!" "T-today?" "Mhm!" She unwraps herself from me, "Since it's Halloween and Yao-momo's party, I wanted to make sure you have a few familiar faces to see when we go there." "Yao-momo?" "Yeah! Have you heard about a rich girl throwing a Halloween party? That's her! We're friends so she invited me to the party, so I thought I would bring you along too!" That's the rich girl Kacchan was talking about. . . "How did you know that I wanted to go?" My brows knit. "I didn't. But even if you didn't want to come I would've made you anyway because I know you've never been to a party before." "Yeah. . ." I rub the back of my head with my hand. I clear my throat, "Well, uh, we need to get to class. Are you sure you're okay with skipping?" She nods her head up and down violently, "Of course!" 

While walking mind wanders to what happened earlier, after Kacchan and I left the food hall. We took a nap together. A nap. He acted as if it was the most natural thing in the world, he just climbed in my bed and that was that. I smile, lost in thought. "What ya smilin' 'bout?" She leans over a little a looks at me. "N-nothing!" "Is it. . . 'Kacchan'?" She says, poking fun at the nickname. "Um, well, yeah," I pause, "You were. . . right, about him liking me. Uraraka's eyes widen more than they already are, "REALLY?" She yells loudly in my ear. "Ow! And yes. . He does. . . Like me." Uraraka begins to tear up, "Oh my god, are you crying?" "No," she wipes her eyes dramatically, "I'm just so happy for you! My baby gots a man!" I laugh a little, "Well not yet exactly. ." I counteract. Her small eyebrows scrunch. "Well, um, he's still not over his ex completely, so I told him we can't date until he is over him. Oh and we slept together." "YOU WHAT?" "Not in that way, Uraraka!" She glares at me, "Well, I'm glad that you guys are on the same page." We continue walking to campus in silence, broken a few times by light sighs and crunching of the semi-frozen grass. 

"Can Kacchan come too? He told me he was going to take me." I ask quietly. "Sure! I can give you directions later so he can drive you there." She smiles widely. "Oh, and what class are we heading to?" "Algebra." I frown. "Ew." We both chuckle at her remark. 

                                                                                           ~~~

We both sit down at an empty table, somewhat away from all of the other people in the room. Uraraka put up her hood, making her less obvious, but still pretty obvious on account of, it's a bright pink hoodie. "You think I'll be noticed?" She whispers. "No, the professor is old, so he probably won't notice." She giggles, "Good!"

As more and more people begin to flood the class, Uraraka eventually begins to move around and talk to people, embracing the social butterfly she is. The she comes across the pretty girl with black hair, and what I'm assuming is her friend with the short blue-ish purple-ish hair. Then they start to walkover towards my direction, closer and closer. Until I realize they're all coming to my table. They all come over and Uraraka tells them to sit down with us, so they do. "Deku, this is Kyoka Jiro and Yaoyozuru Momo." I swallow the large lump in my throat, "N-nice to meet you guys, I'm Midoriya Izuku, but y-you can just call me Deku." "Nice to meet you too, Deku." Momo smiles. "It's nice to meet you as well. You can just go ahead and call me Jiro." Jiro states. "O-okay." "I remember you from that coffee shop with your blonde friend. You should've said hi sooner." She smiles. "Oh, um, sorry." "Don't be, I'm glad I was introduced. I hope we can become friends." Wait, really? "Friends. . ? Well sure, if you're okay with that." "Deku's shy but he's a really sweet guy." Uraraka chimes in as she looks from Jiro to Momo, looking for some sort of approval. "He seems like it." Jiro says frankly. Uraraka smiles, "He is! We've been friends since high school." "Really? It's pretty lucky that you guys ended up in the same college then." "It was on purpose," She giggles. "we made sure we got accepted into the same college. Deku was actually going to be in a better college than this one but he insisted that he go to the same one as me." "You must be pretty smart then, Deku." "Oh, well I don't know if I would say that. . . after all I suck at math." "I suck at it too." Jiro says, "Yeah that's why I tutor you." Momo laughs a little and covers her mouth. "If you ever need help with the problems, I'd be more than happy to help you with it." "Oh, t-thank you!"

We all continue to talk for the rest of the hour over math problems. It's actually really nice, Jiro and Momo are both very kind and funny too. "So, Deku, are you coming to my party tonight?" I look up from my math book, "Um, well, I was planning on it, but I didn't know if I needed to be invited or not." "Well, yes, I do invite people, but it doesn't matter because random people always end up showing up anyway." "Oh, that must be frustrating." "I've learned to deal with it, I usually just let them stay unless they start breaking things or causing too much of a fuss. But no, you don't technically need an invitation, but I'll invite you if it would make you feel better." "Oh, um, yes please!" She laughs, "Then, you sir, are officially invited to my party." "Thank you!" We all laugh. "Oh, and, would it be a big deal if I brought a plus one with me?" "Not at all," She smiles, "Oh and wear a costume. Best costumes wins a prize." "The stakes are high at this party, huh." "Yes, they are." She smiles. Rich people sure are interesting. 

                                                                                       ~~~

"I'm so proud of you!" Uraraka half-yell-half-talks. "For what?" I question. "Making friends." She smiles. "I couldn't have done it without you. I appreciate it." I smile thinly. "It's no big dealio. Hurry up and get home so you can tell that man of yours to go buy costumes for you!" She slaps my butt and runs off ahead of me. "Okay!" I laugh as I chase after her.