Chapter Thirteenenenene

I've never seen him so. . . so sad looking, if that's how you would describe it. He refuses to look up from his menu, even though he has already made his order. I shouldn't have brought him here. "Kacchan I'm really sorry. I knew his name was Kirishima but I didn't even stop to think he could've been your ex. It's my fault that you had to see him. I'm really, really sorry." I try to steady my heavy breathing and shaking hands. "It's. . . not a big deal." He says through his teeth. My heart stops, is he mad at me? I begin breathing harder, but try to keep quiet, though that's a very hard thing to do. I keep my head down and try to count my breaths, each one becomes harder to keep small. I make my hands into fists and squeeze as hard as I can, trying to calm myself down. I'm so sorry Kacchan. . .

"Here is your cookies," Kirishima places a plate of cookies in front of Kacchan, "And here is your latte and cheesecake." I don't bother to look up. "Thank you. . ." "No problem." He says enthusiastically and hurries away. I don't touch my food, instead I put my hands under my thighs and count how many people are in the café. a young lady meets my eyes, she smiles. I guess I was staring too long, I smile back. Out of the corner of my eye I notice Kacchan moving, probably eating his cookies. I hate this, I don't want him to hate me over a dumb mistake I made. "I'm really sorry." I say as quietly as a can. "I'm not mad at you." I look over at him, "You. . . aren't?" Surprised, I whip my head around towards him. "No, I just. . . hate his guts. And what he said about me not having a type really pissed me off." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, "Why would that make you angry?" His facial expression changes, "He directly insulted you, dumbass!" I tilt my head to the side slightly, "He did?" "Fuck yeah he did!" My head drops into a deeper tilt, not yet uncomfortable, but close. "How?" Kacchan pinches the bridge of his nose with his index finger and thumb, something that I've noticed he does often. "Well, he literally said, 'you don't have a type do you'." I brows tightly knit together, "And so that means you don't have a type. . .?" At this point I am honestly dumbfound, the dots are not connecting for me and Kacchan thinks I'm stupid, how wonderful. "You rea-" he cuts himself off, "Never mind." Kacchan takes a large bite of a sugar cookie, almost eating it entirely. "What, Kacchan?" "Nothing." I don't pursue the conversation any longer, if I do continue things probably would become worse. 

I peer over to the mostly now new people in the café and continue to count them. Mainly woman, a few men, and a handful of children. The same lady from before was still sitting at her table, she's drinking a shallow cup of something. She seems to enjoy it, but takes her time drinking it, every once in awhile she peers out of the large windows in front of the shop. She's very pretty, I  think I would like to draw her. She has jet black hair in a secure ponytail with only a few strands of hair falling in front of her face, framing it perfectly, she also has very large almond shaped eyes. And red is most definitely her color. maybe I should ask to take a picture of her? Or would that be weird? "Shut the hell up, Deku." Crap, I think I was mumbling. "Was I-" "Muttering random nonsense? Yeah, it's fucking annoying." "Sorry about that. . ." I turn back towards our table and carefully grab the silver fork beside my cheesecake plunge the fork into it, I raise the cheesecake up to my mouth and eat it. Very good. I take a sip of my latte, and at this point, it's slightly cold, but it's not terrible. 

All of a sudden I feel something touch my left foot, and then my right. I look underneath the table, my white shoes attached to Kacchan's feet, are currently on the sides of both of my feet, like a hug. As if on cue, all of the blood in my body rushes to my face. I quickly raise my head up, causing me to hit my head on the table and the plates on the table to clatter, I nervously look at Kacchan's nonchalant face, is he playing footsie with me?! Kacchan holds in a laugh by covering his mouth with his hand. People, they're looking at me. I sink down in the booth, ignoring the pain on my head. "You okay there, Deku?" He half smiles and squeezes his legs around me little tighter. "Y-yeah. ." He looks away from me as if he's not doing anything and takes a bite of a cookie. "Your latte any good?" I swallow my spit, "Um, yeah. It's kind of cold now though. . ." He hums in response. I sit back up straighter, ignoring the foot hugging, and take another bite of cheesecake, and then another. 

"Is everything good so far?" Kirishima asks in a polite tone. Me and Kacchan are silent. "Y-yeah." I say quietly. Kirishima glances over at me, then to Kacchan. "Well, I'm glad you're enjoying your food, is there anything else you guys need?" "Oh, um." I look over at Kacchan to see if there was anything he needs. "Yeah, his fucking latte is cold," Kacchan says grimly while pointing towards me. "Fix it." Kirishima blinks a few times, "So. . . so sorry about that, I'll be right back with a new one for you." He takes my half-drunken latte away and speed walks away. "God, he pisses me off." I stare at him for a moment, "Why don't you talk to him and tell him how you feel?" Kacchan's eyebrows scrunch together violently, "Why in the hell would I want to talk to an asshole like. . ." Kirishima stands there for a moment, dumbfound. "Well, here's your latte." I don't say anything back, it's simply too awkward for that now. Kirishima turns and walks away. Kacchan never finishes what he was saying, we continue to eat in silence. 

"I probably should, huh?" Kacchan mumbles to himself. Although I overhear him, I don't say anything back. He needs to be able to make up his mind for himself. "I'll be back in a moment, Deku." "Okay." I smile. He leaves and walks towards Kirishima, who is serving an elderly looking lady and a child, probably grandmother and grandchild. I turn away, not want to be the creepy person who watches interactions with my potential crush and roommate. Instead, I drink my warm latte and finish up the rest of my cheesecake.

                                                                                              ~~~

Kacchan comes back and sits opposite of me, in the middle of the booth where he was before, seemingly in a better mood. "Why're you so happy all of a sudden?" "Me and Kirishima are going to meet up on Monday for lunch." "Oh," That's good I. . . suppose. I clear my throat and simply stare at my almost all drunk latte, "good for you." This was bound to happen, I mean I told him to go talk to him in the first place. Kacchan hums in response. "Do you still. . . like Kirishima, Kacchan?" His eyes widen and for a moment he doesn't say anything back. He's hesitating. "No, I don't." My stomach drops for some reason and my head begins to hurt. Kacchan clears his throat,"You ready to go?" "Yeah. . ." I practically whisper.

I guess asking to go to the park with him wouldn't be a good idea anymore. . . would it?