Chapter threek

Deku pov~

Today was my lazy day. Really, everyday was my "lazy" day but it's Saturday so why not call it that. Katsuki would usually do the same, but he told me last night that he was going out to get lunch with a friend. It's been an hour or two since I've woken up and all I've done really is watch Netflix on my laptop and eat cookies I got from a vending machine. I'm not a huge morning person but when there's so much to look forward to in college, I usually wake up excited to start the day. And today was no different even though I knew I wouldn't be doing anything. My eyes are glued to the screen of my laptop, carefully looking over the characters of my new favorite show. I take a mental note to take real notes of the characters' designs. In the corner of my eye I see something moving. I peek over expecting something to pop out at me but it was just Katsuki waking up. He sat up, still under his thick looking, maroon red blanket and rubs the sleepy out of his eyes. Katsuki then proceeds to stretch his arms above his head and yawn, like a tired puppy. "G-good morning." He looks over at me slowly and blinks a few times, "Morning, fuck-ass." I take out one of my earbuds so I could hear him better in case he talks to me again.

For some unknown reason, I have a very strong urge to talk to Katsuki. Which is quite weird considering the fact I'm not huge on talking to people I'm not close with. Maybe it's from boredom, or maybe it's from the fact I'm no longer consistently around people I'm close with, like my mom, Uraraka, and other old friends from high school who don't attend my college. I don't miss them as much as I thought I would, only giving them a thought from time to time. Maybe I've underestimated the huge introvert I really am. Although it was almost lunch time, Katsuki has yet to get ready. I pause my show on Netflix, "K- Bakugo, aren't you supposed to meet with your friend today?" He turns his head towards me, "Is it any of your business?" My heart begins to beat faster than it already was, an unpleasant feeling I can never get used to. "Well no but, I was j-just wondering." "Well if it concerns you so damn much, then your answer is no. They decided to call it off because they felt awkward about it. As if how I feel doesn't fuckin matter." I widen my eyes in shock, "Really? I'm sorry, that really sucks." He chuckles a little, "It's not as if I give a shit. I didn't fuckin need them anyway." We sit in silence for a moment before I remember what Tsuyu had brought up a few days ago. "Hey, Bakugo?" He raises his eyebrows, "Yeah, fucker?" I begin to fiddle with my fingers, "How about we go out for lunch?" My face begins to heat up after realizing I made it seem like I was asking him out. I look at my bedsheet, there was a strand of my emerald green hair on it. "Huh?" I look in his direction but don't look at his face, "Well, if you don't want to you don't have to! I just thought t-that since. . . y'know your friend didn't want to have lunch with you that maybe you would like to go have lunch with m-me? I know it's stupid I'm sorry." He doesn't respond for a moment so all I do is sit there. I'm not much of a nail biter so I instead pull at the threads of skin around my short kept nails. "Sure, why not."

                                                                                             ~~~

After internally exploded and being in disbelief at the few simple words he had said to me, we got ready to go to lunch together. Whether I was anxious or not, I want to take this oprotinuity to talk to him and get to know him more. Under his anger has to be some underlying emotion his doesn't want to show, and I want him to show that to me. So this will be the first step to that. I take a light green shirt and high-waisted black jeans into the bathroom and quickly change. As I do so, the excitement grows inside me, filling me up with hopeful thoughts about the things that could possibly unfold. When I go back into the main room, I notice Katsuki already dressed in new clothes, all black, but different from yesterdays. I also put on a dark gray jacket and my white shoes, and then we left.

"So where do you want to eat?" "I don't care as long as the food isn't shit." He snaps, "You're paying by the way." I laugh a little, "I planned on it." I smile, but don't take my eyes off the road. We sit in a somewhat peaceful silence until I pull up to the same ramen shop as last time. Even though I had ramen a few days ago, I'm still in the mood for it. "Is this place okay?" "Well I don't fuckin know yet, ask me when I'm done with my food." "R-right." Katsuki has a way of making you feel dumb at times. "Hey, Bakugo? If you don't mind me asking, who's your friend and why did you guys plan to meet up in the first place?" I know I'm being nosy but I can't help myself. "Well since you're gonna be paying for me, might as well fuckin tell ya. His name is Kirishima and he's my ex. We broke up on bad terms and he said he wanted to apologize the right way. . . and. . . I said alright. Which was fucking stupid but it's whatever." Katsuki likes boys? Like me? "I see. I'm really sorry that that happened. I hope he can apologize to you soon." "Nah. it's fine. I don't need him or his good for nothing apology. Let's just go eat, I'm fucking hungry." 

We ordered our ramen and sat down at a table, somewhat secluded from all of the other people. Katsuki fiddles with sugar packets and the salt and pepper shakers like a little kid and I simply sit there and look around. Katsuki has really nice hands now that I'm looking at them. They aren't stiff and he doesn't have abnormally long fingers, they were perfectly proportional. They aren't feminine either, they are quite manly, but not too big. I wish I could draw them. "You got a staring problem, fuck-face?" "N-no. I just thought you had nice hands, sorry." He looks away, "fuckin weirdo." We sit in silence for several more minutes. I awkwardly put my hands underneath my thighs and count how many things are on our table. "So what's your favorite color?" "What?" I clear my throat, "What's your-" "I heard what you said fuck-ass. It's red and orange." "What about black? Since you wear it all the time." "Am I not allowed to wear black?" "No, that's fine I was just wondering why you wear a color that's not even your favorite." Black technically isn't a color but I don't want to complicate the conversation even more. "Then I guess it is my favorite fucking color, shitty Izuku." I-Izuku? We aren't even on a first name basis yet! "I-Izuku??" He puts the sugar packets back into their ceramic container, "You heard me." Out of no where a lady holding two bowls of ramen approaches us and puts two brown colored bowls on our table with a smile and then quickly leaves. Katsuki takes a thing of siracha and squirts a lot of it in his bowl. When I mean a lot I mean a LOT. "Um. . . when we finish. . . do you maybe want to go to the mall or something?" I avert my gaze. "You'll have to pay."

I don't want this to end, and I don't think he minds.