Chapter 4 9 Royal Families

When Eren, Mikasa, and Armin are back in Shiganshina, there are already a lot of people living there. Eren says, "With the help from the Revees Company and all the people here, Shiganshina will be back to its former glory."

"I never knew there are so many people here..." Armin says in awe.

"It's Eren!" "Welcome back!" Just then, a lot of people are surrounding Eren, who smiles and says, "Ah, good to see all of you again. How are you doing?"

"We're doing fine." Will the queen come as well?"

"Ah, I'm sorry to say that the queen won't be coming with us because I was with the Scouts. I requested a two-month break with my friends and we'll be staying here for awhile."

Everyone nods in agreement, and Armin whispers to Mikasa, "Is it just me, or has Eren somehow become popular around the people here..."

"I heard that most of the people are asked by Eren and Historia to rebuild this place." Mikasa replies back.

Eren turns to the two of them with a frown, he was planning to train Peter and Odom with the Scouts' training during these two months, but with them here, he would have to make excuses. He could manipulate Armin's memories, but Mikasa is an Ackermann and she's immune to it. Not to mention she is going to stay with him in the same house, so it will be hard for him to leave without her noticing.

Eren manages to find excuses by having another identity as a doctor to heal the sick and overworked patients, that way, he is able to sneak away from the two of them while making his own soldiers. And after two months, Peter, Odom, and some of the Eldia Restorationists are now good at the ODM gear and the Thunder Spears.

When two months of break have passed, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin return to the Scouts and they learn how Marley sends their first survey fleet to Paradis Island. With Eren and Armin's Titans, they manage to stop them, and they also meet the Anti-Marleyan Volunteers, led by Yelena and Onyankopon. They give them information about Marley and their technology, as well as Zeke's secret plan to save the Eldian people. Other Marleyan soldiers are eventually convinced to lend their aid to Paradis Island.

One afternoon, Eren is shooting at glass bottles with a rifle with Mikasa and Armin keeping him company.

"The port will be finished soon!" Armin says. He is sitting on a box behind Eren while Mikasa stands beside Armin with a rifle in her hand. "Thanks to the Marleyan engineers, building it's been quick."

Mikasa looks at him and says, "They've sure been cooperative."

"It went bad at first since neither side trusted the other. But given enough time, if we set aside our labels and see each other as people, we can understand each other." Armin says.

"That is only just your wishful thinking..." Eren thinks while aiming the rifle at the bottle and shoots it. Then he says, "Armin, have you seen Bertolt's memories?"

Armin's eyes widen and he looks at the ground while saying, "Huh? Yeah, but there's nothing that seems helpful."

"There's not much time." Eren states. "Zeke has less than three years left."

"Yeah, about that..." Armin begins. "Do we really want to go along with Yelena's plan?"

"What's the problem with that?" Mikasa asks.

"Is using the rumbling to threaten the world the only way to protect Eldians? Then we will be the devils that terrorize the world." Eren shoots another bottle while Armin continues. "Before it comes to that, can't we talk? If we can fix Marley and the world's misconception..."

Eren sighs and says, "Misconception? What misconception?"

Armin looks at him while Mikasa looks at Armin with a sad look. "You know, like how we're scary."