Chapter 9 The Table Talk Part 2

The fact that Eren talks so causally about the Rumbling causes Gabi to shiver in fear, and Armin is angry and yells, "Eren! This is going too far! The partial Rumbling was meant to tear down the Enemy military, not slaughter innocent lives! There are good people out there! Children and families! People like us! The Eren I know will never be okay with this bloodshed! Think about what happened to your mom! All the hatred you felt that day! Stop this, please!"

"I won't stop." Eren says in a cool tone. "If we don't fight, we will die. That's our reality and no amount of talking will ever change that. The world is right to hate us, Armin. To them, we will never stop being devils that can kill them all at any time! So long as that remains the truth, this war and bloodshed will never end, if you can't give up your humanity to do what is necessary, then nothing you say will ever change anything!"

Eren stares at his hands and says, "I made a lot of choices, choices that I think are right, and what do you think it takes me? Thomas, Mina, Marco, the Levi Squad, Hannes Commander Erwin, all of them have died because of it!" Eren says. "I already tell you that I've seen the future, if I don't unleash the rumbling, you're going to be the ones to die next!"

Armin and Mikasa want to say something, but nothing has come out of their mouths, Eren says, "We have been monsters and devils for years, you don't get to suddenly act like you aren't!"

Mikasa says, "Then if you can use the Rumbling at any time, why didn't you do it yet? If you talk about wanting to do it, why didn't you do it?"

Eren says, "I'm waiting for the power of nine to arrive. I'm pretty sure that Reiner and the others are coming this way for another bloodshed."

This causes Gabi to perk up, she asks, "R-Reiner is coming?"

"They are probably here for Gabi and Falco." Eren says. "Considering they can't wait for 6 months to attack."

"Then what is the point of the fight that we did in Liberio?" Armin asks with anger as he stands up. "You forced me to kill all those people with the Colossal! And for what?"

Gloria says, "Marley's military might come, but there are only a few soldiers beside the Titans. I'm pretty sure that we can win against them with ease."

Just then, Eren feels something and he holds his head. "Eren!" Mikasa asks with concern, and Eren says, "I'm fine. Zeke has screamed, meaning the soldiers by Captain Levi's side are turning into Titans."

"What?" This causes everyone to gasp in shock. Gabi asks, "Then Falco..."

"Falco is out of his range, so it is fine. Captain Levi, on the other hand, I'm not sure if he's going to be fine." Eren says. "Speaking of Zeke, I spoke with him in Liberio, brother to brother. Zeke knows more about Titans than even Marley does. And that also means I also learn about the Ackermann blood."

Mikasa stares at him and Eren continues, "The Ackermanns were the accidental result of the Eldian Empire's experiments with the Subjects of Ymir and Titan science. They were designed to protect Eldia's king, and acted as the monarchy's right hand, entrusted with the survival of their people. Mikasa, that's why the Founder's power won't affect you. However, because of Karl Fritz's fake peace, your clan has been persecuted, that's why your parents hid in the mountains, or how Captain Levi's family hid in the underground."

Mikasa lowers her head, and Eren says, "However, right now I'm giving you a choice, do you want to help us with the Rumbling, or do you want to stay with Armin and the others, doing something meaningless and causing ourselves to get killed?"

Mikasa mutters, "I..."

"Eren! Why are you forcing Mikasa to be a killer like you?!" Armin stands up and yells.