Chapter 22 Dedicate your Hearts

Eren returns to the meeting room, he is slightly delighted to see Ymir sitting on Historia's lap. Eren asks, "So what have I missed?"

Historia says, "We were just talking about what to do with Zeke, so how did he take the news?"

"I showed him my father's memories, and I also let my father apologize to him." Eren says while sitting between Historia and Mikasa. "So what is your decision?"

Odom says, "Considering that he's the one who betrayed us and turned us into Titans, most of us think that we should eliminate him."

"But since he's your brother and he's not a Titan anymore, maybe we should exile him instead. In people's eyes, Zeke's already dead." Aya says.

Historia sighs and says, "We did a vote, Peter, Odom, Mikasa, and Sasha want him dead. Floch, Louise, Gloria, and Aya want his exile. As for me, I stay neutral, so we decide to give you the final choice."

Eren sighs and says, "Before today, he always thought that I'm like him, being brainwashed by my Dad. Even if he wanted to euthanize us Eldians, he still wants to "save" me. I think we should let his exile."

"But..." Odom tries to retort, but Eren says, "Please let me finish first. If only Captain Levi is still alive and somehow returns to the island, he'll be given the execution."

"Are you sure it's a good idea? I mean Captain Levi was with those people who wanted to ruin our island and destroy the Rumbling..." Floch says.

"From what I know about him, living in the underground for years, he doesn't even care about humanity. The only reason he's with them is because of Hange, all he wants is to fulfill the promise he made with Commander Erwin: Killing my brother."

"I see..." Historia says. "If that's the case, we'll exile Zeke and if Levi manages to survive and return, he'll do the honors, are there any objections?"

It turns out that nobody rejects the idea, and they decide to end the discussion.

That night, Eren is watching the moon and both Historia and Mikasa walk toward him. Mikasa asks, "Eren... what are you thinking right now?"

"Armin, Hange, and the others... if my memories are right, they're not going to live any longer... I was wondering before I bid farewell to Armin, should I talk to him for the very last time?"

"But didn't you change his blood into a non-Eldian? Can you still use the Founder to control him?" Historia asks.

"To tell the truth... I haven't changed their blood yet." Eren says. "Reiner, Connie, Jean, Hange, Pieck, Gabi, Falco, Colt, and Armin. Their blood will only change if they manage to survive the Rumbling... the others, their blood changes."

"I see... I would want to talk to Armin for the last time as well..." Mikasa says.

On the airship, Onyankopon is still flying as Hange asks, "So are you sure the fuel will be able to lead us to the Rumbling?"

"Yes, before we leave, the fuel tank is full." Onyankopon says. "However, you should realize that this is a suicide mission, we don't know if you will be able to live once you stopped the Rumbling."

"Yeah, but we shouldn't give up. We still need to try. Humanity's fate is in our hands." Hange replies.

At the same time, Levi opens the door and Jean says, "Hey! Captain Levi! What are you doing?"

"Onyankopon, tell me! Did Zeke really die?" Levi asks. "His Titan might have been taken, but I refuse to believe that guy will just die to Magath and Pieck like that. Tell me right now."

Onyankopon flinches and Hange asks, "What do you mean? Didn't they say they kill Zeke already?"

Onyankopon frowns and sighs, "You're right. Zeke didn't die."