Chapter 12 The War Begins

Floch brings Commander Hange to where Captain Levi is located, and when they find Levi lying on the ground, Floch says, "No idea what happened, but lucky us. Our biggest threat is a bloody mess."

"I'll put a hole in his head." One of the soldiers says.

"He's dead." Hange says to them. "A Thunder Spear blew up in his face. The blast shredded his insides, killing him instantly."

"Nice try, however, let me see him. I can take a pulse, too. Let me see him." Floch says. Eren already warns him that even though Zeke does a lot of damage to Levi, Levi isn't dead.

"Floch!" Just then, a soldier yells, and they notice a pure Titan beside them starting to suck in steam. "It's vanishing? It died?"

"No. When Titans die and disappear, they don't suck in stream." Hange replies.

The sun begins to appear, and Zeke comes out of the Titan's body, naked. Everyone can only stare with shock, and at the same time, Hange takes Levi's body while jumping into the river.

"They're getting away!" "Shit!" The Yeagerists are chasing after them, and Floch walks towards Zeke and says, "Zeke, what happened to you?"

"I don't know." Zeke replies. "There was a strange girl building my body out of the soil. I was in some strange place watching it happen. It felt like years passed by, but at the same time, it felt like an instant."

Then he realizes something, "I see... Were those the Paths?"

"Zeke, you turned the 30 Scouts that were guarding you into Titans, right?" Floch continues to ask. "Where are they?"

"Well, they are all gone." Zeke says. "Now there's nobody here that will get in our way. Let's go."

Then they all begin to where Eren is located.

At Shiganshina, Eren is standing in front of the Anti-Marley Volunteers and his own soldiers, they watch as the Marley soldiers come from the airships. Eren says, "Just as I expected."

"Porco!" Pieck yells, and Galliard uses the Jaw Titan's powers to break Pieck's hand, and at the same time, Pieck jumps down and transforms into the Cart Titan. Galliard tries to attack Eren by slashing its claw, but Eren just uses his ODM gear and dodges out of the way, and the same goes for the other soldiers.

When Aya notices that Gabi is taken away by Pieck in her Cart Titan form, she asks, "Are you sure we're not going to do anything to stop them?"

"To think Marley would launch such a desperate attack... Given what little they know, they shouldn't have taken this risk." Gloria says.

"Eren, you should escape underground with the War Hammer Titan." Yelena says. "If you fight, you're at a disadvantage!"

"Sorry, but we're not running away. We will move forward." Eren says. "Aya and Mikasa, I need you two to back me up. Gloria, Louise, Peter, Odom, you guys bring the soldiers and try to destroy the Anti-Marley weapons as much as possible."

"Roger." Gloria says as the three of them leave, Eren says, "Onyankopon, inform Sasha about the situation and try to bring Armin and the others out here."

Onyankopon also nods as he leaves. Eren looks at Aya, who nods as she bites her hand, and just then, she starts to transform into a Titan.

"That's..." Galliard is shocked to see the Female Titan. Aya also roars as she hardens her fist and tries to punch at Galliard, but Galliard dodges and Aya punches the building.

"Aya, you have to be careful!" Eren says.

(Flashback)

"So this is Annie Leonhart, the current Female Titan holder..." Aya says after Eren secretly brings her to where Annie is resting. "You said that she manages to kill a lot of people, and just as you are about to let her pay for what she did, she decides to trap herself in the crystal?"