Chapter 19 Historia's Conversation

"Now what do we have here?" Historia says with a slightly cold tone, Reiner and Annie then realize that Historia is actually Christa Lenz, but she isn't like the same girl as before.

"Christa... is that you?" Reiner mutters in shock, he still remembers the girl that helps him back at Utgard Castle.

"It's Historia Reiss to you. Christa Lenz is just a fake name that my father gave to me so that I wouldn't be killed like my mother." Historia says while turning to Hange, "Since you're not part of the Survey Corps anymore, so you've decided to team up with Marley to stop the Rumbling, am I right?"

"Your highness, the rumbling itself is in the wrong." Hange tries to reason. "All of us don't want genocide, and you also need to understand that we're doing this for humanity. You have to know that none of the Survey Corp comrades who died also wants this to happen. But why would you also agree to such an act? Did Eren manipulate you to do such a thing?"

Historia closes her eyes and says, "Every decision that I make, it all comes from my own free will. Eren didn't manipulate me, he loves and cares for me so much that he would rather die than do such a thing."

"If so, but why?" Connie asks, "You used to help everyone and everyone treats you like a goddess! Why would you change this much to do such a thing?"

"That was Christa Lenz, a fake identity that I throw away after joining the Levi Squad that day." Historia says, "4 years ago, my father wanted me to devour Eren and take his powers back. That day, I refused my father and I freed Eren, I vowed that I don't care about killing all the TIans, and I don't care about freeing mankind either. I'm starting to get sick of humanity, I say let them get wiped out by Titans. And if that makes me an enemy of humanity, then so be it. I don't care if I'm the worst girl who's ever lived. But, even though I'm an enemy of humanity, I'm still Eren's ally."

"Historia... you..." Armin and the others are shocked, this isn't the same queen that they know for years. Historia says, "And don't think I never knew anything about you trying to feed Eren to take his powers. The bombing of Premier Zachary, I was the one who orders it, not Eren. You military has taken over the government and I am not going to continue making myself the puppet queen in my people's eyes. Just because I was pregnant with Eren's child doesn't mean I'm going to let you do anything to harm the one I loved."

Hearing those words cause Reiner to be sad, he always wants to marry Christa, but it seems that Eren has beaten her to it. Mikasa is also guarding in front of Historia, with her blades out.

"Mikasa..." Jean says, "Why are you glaring at us like that?"

"My duty is to guard the queen and the Azumabitos, I am not going to let you kidnap them." Mikasa says silently.

"But Mikasa, you have to understand, people are dying out there." Armin says.

"There are so many lives that I care about. And our enemies made deciding that easy 10 years ago. So... you're mistaken to seek any compassion from me. Because I'm out of room in my heart to care." Mikasa says.

"If we let you stop the Rumbling, Paradis Island will sink into the sea of blood. The world will take vengeance on us, our people's parents, brothers, sisters, and children, they're going to be slaughtered. Oh right, why do you care, after stopping the Rumbling, you would just like that Willy Tybur, living as heroes who stopped the Rumbling, and the same thing would happen again." Historia says with a cold tone. "Maybe after a few years, you will gather all the alliance and declare war on Paradis, just like what Willy Tybur does."

"We're not going to do that!" Hange gasps in horror. "What makes you think we're going to do that?"

"Isn't it obvious? The Attack Titan can see the future." Historia says. Mikasa widens her eyes a little, she knows that Eren never says something like this. But then she realizes that Historia is lying to them because she wants to stop them from stopping the Rumbling. "Eren, Mikasa, and I share no secrets now, so he would tell me what he saw in the future. And there is no reason for him to lie to us, because we will never betray the man we love, and the people who care for us."