Chapter 10 Calm Before the Storm

Eren and Mikasa are now sitting on the carriage, and Mikasa notices that it is not leading them to Shiganshina. Mikasa asks, "Where are we actually going?"

"We're going to meet Historia first." Eren says. "Since she's pregnant, she won't be able to move around that much."

Mikasa frowns a little and says, "Why didn't you invite us to the wedding? Why keep the relationship a secret? Aren't we friends?"

"I'm sorry, Mikasa. But seeing all kinds of futures makes my mind messed up. I'll explain more once we arrive at the farm. I promise you that I'll explain everything to you."

"You've better." Mikasa says.

After arriving at the Reiss Farm, they find Historia sitting on the chair outside of the house. Historia is delighted to see Eren and says, "Eren!"

"No need to stand up, Historia." Eren says while giving her a hug and a kiss. "I'm sorry for leaving you too long. A lot of things have happened and there are some things that I needed to deal with."

"I know." Historia then realizes that Mikasa is also there, "So you've told her everything? How did she take it?"

"Better than I expected." Eren says. "But I promise her that I'm going to explain everything to her."

Historia nods while turning to Mikasa, "I'm deeply sorry about everything, Mikasa. I mean, I kinda stole your man first. But I actually don't mind if I'm going to share him with you."

Mikasa flusters a little and says, "I- uh... it's fine...I was just sad that you kept everything from us..."

Eren says, "Let's head indoors so we can talk."

Then after heading inside, Historia notices that Floch and Sasha are absent. Historia asks, "Where are Floch and Sasha?"

"Floch is leading a group of soldiers to find Zeke, as for Sasha, she volunteers to guard Armin and the others." Eren says.

Gloria says, "Then we'll just do our training outside and leave you three for a talk."

"That will be nice." Eren says while Peter, Odom, Louise, Aya, and Gloria leave the room. Eren says, "Everything began when I kissed Historia's hand in the ceremony. I met the first Titan, the mother of the three Goddesses, Founder Ymir, herself. I saw her past, and she had been wandering in the paths for 2000 years. As I mentioned before, the Attack Titan can manipulate time, as the first Titan, she, like me, saw everything, and she wanted to be reborn as my daughter."

"Daughter?" Mikasa widens her eyes in shock.

"She's right here." Eren says while looking at the big belly of Historia. "But her soul was still in the paths because I still need her help. That is, the Rumbling."

Eren closes his eyes and says, "I've seen a lot of possibilities for the future. And none of them gives out a good and happy result. Mikasa, in 60% of the results, I would die within a few weeks from now."

"No... It can't be..." Mikasa can only lower her head with shock.

"I don't want to believe it as well, but when Eren shows me by using the Founder's powers, I am also horrified and sad." Historia frowns. "Most of his death is actually caused by you."

"What?" Mikasa has tears formed in her eyes. Eren says, "Not voluntarily, but I ask you to end my life. I don't want you to suffer this, that's why I reject all of those futures and search for the one in the 40%, but in the 40%, almost all of the scouts are going to be killed. That also includes you. I'm doing the rumbling so I can protect you guys, but seeing not all of you are going to survive really pains my heart. That's why I try to make myself distant from all of you, perhaps I won't be able to suffer more pain..."