Chapter 3 || Lucas

I woke up the next morning after I texted Julia. She's going to meet my bestfriend today. The black-haired, with strong arms and looking like a literal Greek god. He has been my bestfriend since elementary school. But he was also a player. If he wanted a girl he would always get her with a snap of his fingers. Julia doesn't seem to be his type but you never know. I ate breakfast and got dressed into a black t-shirt and some loose jeans. I brushed my teeth,ran outside and hopped on my bike.

When I arrived at school Julia was already sitting on the bench in the corner. Her Dirty blonde hair in a lower messy bun like yesterday. She was wearing green cargo pants, a black top and a zip up hoodie. I walked up to her and sat next to her. "Hey."
"Oh, hi" she said while taking off her headphones and closing her book. " What are you reading?"
"It's about this girl that falls in love with..." While she told me about her book I couldn't help but notice the spark in her eyes when she said the word love. When she was done, my phone screen lit up with a notification. Noah, texted me telling me he's inside. "Noah texted me, he's inside let's go." I told Julia while standing up. We went inside. " Noah this is Julia, Julia this is Noah."
"Nice to meet you Julia." he said, sticking out his hand.
"Nice to meet you too." She said, shaking his hand with the kindest smile I have ever seen.
"Let's go to class." I said when they shook hands a little too long than necessary.

It was lunch time. The three of us sitting at a table talking. When we were done we stood up and started walking out of the cafeteria. "Hey bitch." We heard a voice behind us and we turned around to see Brandon. Does this guy ever let go? He came closer.
" Listen, I will not waste my time on you , I already warned you leave me alone." Julia said.
"And I told you you will regret what you did." Brandon said, grabbing Julia's wrist.
Julia slapped him with her free hand and he let go.
" Don't you ever touch me." She said her jaw clenched.
" Let's go." Julia said, turning around. As me and Noah turned to go with her Brandon grabbed Julia's hoodie pulling it off. Julia froze. I was confused at why she reacted like that. When suddenly I saw why. Her arm was covered in scars. She turned back to Brandon, snatched her hoodie and ran out of the cafeteria. "Julia wait!" Noah yelled running after her. But I stood there frozen. Rage building up inside of me. But not at Julia but the man standing in front of me. He took it too far. The whole school was silent. Then i snapped. I punched Brandon with all my strength when he fell to the floor. I got ontop of him and punched him. Each punch harder than the last one. I kept going until the only thing he could do was groan in pain. Blood covered my hands. I stood up "If you touch her ever again i will strangle you with my bare hands until all you can do is beg for forgiveness ." I wasn't the type of guy who liked fighting but at that moment I didn't care.I ran out of the cafeteria trying to find Julia and Noah. I came into the bathroom to find Noah standing outside of a stall. "Julia please." He begged. He turned around and when he saw me he nodded his head toward the stall not saying a word. Even though he didn't say anything I heard him say She's in there loud and clear. I gave him a nod letting him know I will handle it. After a moment of hesitation he walked out of the bathroom while I walked closer to the stall.
"Julia?" I said with the softest voice possible.
"It's me. Lucas, can you come out please?" I heard a little click before the door slowly opened. Tears in her red eyes and mascara smudged all over her face. I pulled her into a hug. And I heard small sobs. "I-I'm so s-sorry I-
"Shhh it's ok don't apologize." I cut her off, pressing her closer to my chest.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Because we just met and I didn't want to scare you away."
"Oh Julia."
She had her hoodie on again so I put my hand on her shoulder between her skin and hoodie.
"Can i?" She slightly nodded so I slowly took off her hoodie revealing her bare arms. Her shoulders tensed at my touch.
"You shouldn't be ashamed of them. They show that you've been through alot and you decided to stay, not everyone is as strong as you and I'm proud of you for that." i caressed
her arm up and down in lazy movements. We were hugging for a minute longer. When we heard a knock on the door. We looked in its direction and Noah slowly opened the door and lurked inside. "Can I come in?" Julia stepped back and nodded. "Do you feel better now?" He asked, "Yeah I'm better." Julia answered.
"Oh and Brandon got another broken nose to his collection." Julia let out a small laugh at my comment and hugged me.