Chapter 16|| Julia

Waking up the next day everything was a blur. The only thing that was on my mind was my father. What was he doing here and what did he want? I sigh while looking for an outfit. After a few minutes of overthinking i found a long sleeved white shirt and some jeans. I got dressed and put my hair up with a claw clip.
"Mom? Have you seen my shoes?" I yelled from my room but i got no reply. "Mom!" I tried again, still no answer. I went to her room and knocked twice before opening the door. She's laying down under her blanket and the only thing i hear are little sobs. Thousands of tissues around her. "Mom? Are you okay?" I ask inching closer to her bed. "I have to go to school." Still no answer. Sighing i give her a kiss on the cheek and leave her room closing the door behind me. I grab my bag and while grabbing my lunch I see my shoes. "Aha. Gotcha!" I say to myself before putting them on and heading out to school on my bike.

„Class dismissed." My english teacher said and everyone rushed out the classroom. I on the other hand first took 3 deep breaths. I'm about to sit with that Victoria girl and her friends. I stand up and head to the cafeteria.

Fourth table from the back. Looking around i notice beautiful dark hair and a group of friends laughing. And that's the fourth table from the back. I slowly walk up to that table and put a smile on my face. When i finally approach two of the friends look in my direction and then the rest follows. The last pair of eyes to find me are Victorias but when they do she flashes me a kind smile and stands up. "Hey Julia! Come on sit down." She gestures her friends to make a spot for me. "Hi." I say with a smile while sitting down. Victoria sits down too and then starts introducing her friends. I'm sitting opposite to Victoria, next to me is a brunette girl and next to her are two boys. Between Victoria and another girl is a blond boy. She nods at the girl next to me. "This is Amelia," She nods at the the two boys next to Amelia. "that is Jason and that is Harry." The two boys give me a small wave and i give them one back. Victoria looks at the boy next to her. "This is Ethan and the girl next to him is Charlotte." The two of them give me a kind smile and i give them a small nod while smiling. "Everyone this is Julia!" Victoria says with a big smile. "Remember when Lisa got hit in the face? Yeah, Julia was the one to hit her." She says and the table bursts out laughing. "You for real hit that skank?" Charlotte asks to which i nod. "The bitch deserved it." I say. "You're going to fit right in." Amelia, the girl next to me, said.

The whole group, including me, talked shit about Lisa and her minions the whole lunch break. Ethan suggested we hang out and go to the mall, everyone agreed and we all are meeting up tomorrow after school. Friday evening at the mall hanging out with a group of
new friends. Merlin would like these guys. Merlin. Usually when i think of her i would cry, but now? Something changed. This time i didn't feel the need to cry. Yes, i did feel sad, but i smiled. Of course i missed her. But now that i think of her... All the happy memories made me smile and not cry. Maybe it actually does get better.

"Mom i'm home!" I yell when i arrive home after school. No sign of mom nor in the kitchen nor in the living room. I go upstairs to her room and knock twice before entering. "Mom i'm home." I say to my moms back, the room was cold for some reason and i quickly looked at the window and closed it. My mom was asleep so i pulled the blanket up a little higher so she wouldn't get cold. Then i went downstairs and made some food. I brought my mom a bowl of soup and made her eat at least some of it. I plop down on the couch after cleaning up the kitchen, about to turn on some tv when the doorbell rang. "Oh for fucks sake." I stand up. "Hold your horses, coming." I say after the bell rang a few more times. I reach the door and open it. Damn it, second day in a row. My father gave me a small smile before saying. "Hey. Can we talk?" I let out a deep breath. Why did everyone suddenly want to talk. "No." I say while trying to close the door but my father stops it with his foot. "Bro, get your foot from between that door before i break it." I warn. "I just want to talk." He says.
I go through my options for a minute before opening the door and stepping outside to my father. "Two minutes." I say leaning against the wall. He wasted no time. "Julia, I know that you hate me but i'm still your dad. I have missed you and your mom for years and every day i regret the decisions that i made. I miss you Julia and i want to be back in your life again," My eyes widen and i make a disgusted face. "I know i made terrible choices in my life and i want to change that but you have to give me the change to do that, Please find it in your heart to forgive me and we can start over again." when he finished his speech I burst out laughing. "Yeah, no that won't work. No way, now if you'll excuse me i have things to do." I say before opening the door. I shoo him away and close the door behind me. "The audacity." I say to myself before plopping back down on the couch.
After finishing my series and reading my book for an hour or so i fell onto my bed face first. Letting sleep take over.