Chapter 9|| Julia

"I like it." i say.
Lucas gives me a confused look.
"When you call me 'my love'."
"Really?"
"Of course."

I pick up my phone to text Merlin. I scroll up and look trough our old chats. "Who is Merlin?" I hear Lucas ask.
"Oh uhm.. she's uh- my...bestfriend."
I say looking down.
"Are you okay?"
I look up. "Oh- yeah."
"What happend?"
"It's nothing to worry about-"
"You know you can tell me right my love?"
"Yes. I know. Merlin was my bestfriend. She uh... died, a few months ago. She committed suicide." This is the first time i say these words out loud and it's weird. Lucas is silent and pulls me into his arms. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked."
"It's okay."

The phone rings. I hear my mom answer. "Oh my god." I hear panic in her voice. "Julia! Come down quick."
I run downstairs. I'm starting to panic. What happened?
My mom hands me the phone and i see tears in her eyes. "Julia?" I hear Mrs.Peters say.
I can tell by her voice that she's been crying.
"Yes? What's wrong? What's happening?"
I ask looking at my mom.
"I-It's Merlin... she's." Mrs. Peters says.
She can't finish.
"dead."
The world goes silent. I drop the phone. My body feels heavy. I fall to my knees. I hear a scream , I think it's coming from me. Tears blur my vision. Arms wrap around my and i fall into my moms embrace. She tries soothing me and calming me down but nothing works. Screams. Tears. Pain. Death.

"I don't really wanna talk about this."
"That's totally fine. I understand." Lucas says.
I straddle his lap. "Now what was that last night? Didn't you wanna take things 'slow'." I change the subject smiling. "You drive me crazy, Julia. Like insanely crazy." Lucas confesses throwing his head back and groaning. I say in an innocent voice "Do i?". I bat my lashes when he looks back. "God." He laughs. I push him so he lays back and i kiss him. Lucas places his hands on my waist and he pulls me against him. What he does with me is insane. The things this man makes me feel. We continue kissing and he tugs on my shirt. "I want this off." He says pulling away from the kiss. I giggle "You wanna do it here? Are you crazy?!"
"Crazy for you? Always. Now, off." He says more demanding now. I do as he says. He stares me up and down. And then the only thing i see are stars.

We go back to my place and my mom just winks us hello. Normally she would be more welcoming but she's on the phone. I close my bedroom door behind us and throw myself on the bed. I see something move on the wall beside me. It's not Lucas. I slowly turn my head. There is a damn beast on my damn wall and it's about to fucking jump on me. I scream and throw myself off the bed falling on the floor in the process. I scramble to my feet and jump into Lucas's arms. He looks at me confused and then i yell. "THERE IS A SPIDER!!!" suddenly Lucas opens the door with me in his arms and we're both screaming while he's running out the room. "ARE YOU SCARED OF SPIDERS???" I say still yelling. "Scared?! TERRIFIED!" He answers closing his eyes and pulling me in tighter. I forget about the spider and burst into laughter. "Well you're the man here go kill it!" I say still laughing. He places me down crossing his arms in front if his chest and he shakes his head like a kid. "Yeah, no fucking way."
"Okay come on i'll help you." We get a plastic cup and my perfume. Lucas grabbed a knife and said it was incase it tried to attack us. I told him to put it back and then we went on a mission. Now we're standing here: me with the perfume in my hands and Lucas holding the cup tightly. "Come on. SPRAY IT!" He screams. I spray it like ten times and we both scream when it moves. Lucas screams and slams the cup over the spider. "Good job i'm so proud of you." I say sarcastically.

I'm reading my book cuddled by Lucas's side while he's on his phone. My phone vibrates on my nightstand. I ask Lucas to check it. "Unknown number." He says frowning putting his own phone down.
"What'd they say?" I ask looking up from my book.
"They said 'Julia' with a question mark."
"Weird say yes and ask who they are."
"Yes ma'am." If i wasn't laying down i'm sure my knees would give out now.
"No fucking way." I hear Lucas say quietly.
"What?"
"Your dad."
At that i sit up. My eyes wide and mouth open.
I stand up and hold out my hands gesturing for my phone. He places it in my hands and just looks at me. I stare at the screen frozen.

Unknown number:

Unknown number.
"Julia?"

Me.
"Yes. And you are?"

Unknown number.
"Oh honey, It's me your dad."

Who does this man think he is? Rage is building up inside of me. I quickly type out a reply.

Me.
"What the fuck do you want."

I will not let him hurt me again. I just got over him. I will not allow him to do it ever agai-
"Do what?"I hear Lucas ask. So i was talking outloud. Just great.
"Nothing." I say letting out an annoyed breath.
"Nothing is always something." Lucas says sitting up.
"He's just a drunk bastard. He's manipulative. And- and just an asshole." I don't even realise that i was crying until i feel a tear drop down on my hand.
"Hey.Hey. It's okay. You're with me." He says pulling me into his lap and hugging me.