Chapter 12||Lucas|| Julia

After i fell from Julia's roof i went back home. I take a deep breath and open the front door. "Lucas?" I hear a high pitched, soft sleepy voice say. I hear footsteps and my face lights up. I kneel down and outstretch my arms. "Emma!" my 5 year old sister runs up to me and wraps herself around my neck. "Where were you?" She says against my neck. "Oh i just went to... check on a friend." I say putting my hands under her arms, standing up and picking her up with me. Her little giggle warms my heart. "Why are you still up anyway? It's late." I ask her giving her a kiss on the cheek.
"I couldn't sleep i went to your room to ask and sleep with you but you were gone."
I think for a second before saying.
"Emma, here is what we're gonna do. I'm going to go get ice cream and you will get your pillows and blanket and put them in my room." I place her down and pat her head. "Okay!" She says and runs off to her room. I on the other hand go to the kitchen and get some ice cream. I go to my room to find Emma settled on my bed with her teddybear and a bright smile. "What do you wanna watch?" I ask her while turning on the Tv. "Clifford the big red dog!" She says in an excited voice.  "Shhh you have to be quiet though. Mom can't know about this okay?"
"Okay!" She says loudly.
I sigh and sit down next to my little sister.

After a full 3 hours of sleep i finally arrive at school. Emma fell asleep pretty quickly but i stayed up almost all night overthinking my situation with Julia. "Yo bro." Noah comes up to me and i resist the urge to roll my eyes "Hey." My mom forced me to be friends with him again after she made me break up with Julia. "You look like total shit." He states. "Feel like it too."
"Why?"
"Just didn't sleep well."
He shrugs and we walk down the hallway. Noah stops in his tracks and i look in the direction he's staring. Julia is standing there. She's wearing a skirt and a sweater. It's hot so the sweater surprises me. I look down at her legs and notice why Noah was staring. Her skirt is rolled up and you can see a little too much. Does she know? A guy comes up to her. I see him say something to her and she clearly doesn't like it. "Excuse me?" She says it loud enough for even me to hear. I walk up to the whole situation and Julia looks at me. I take off my hoodie and wrap it around her waist . She stiffens under my touch and i quickly tie the sleeves at the front. When i'm done i pull the fabric of her skirt that was rolled up down. The guy infront of Julia just stares at me but Julia on the other hand stopped staring and is just looking down at my hoodie around her waist.
"What the fuck are you doing?" She says with an annoyed voice.
"You're skirt was rolled up." I tell her while staring in the eyes of the guy infront of her.
But not wanting any more drama i just walk away. "Bro we could've had so much fun with that seriously why did you do that?" Noah says when i get back to him "You're disgusting." I just tell him and we go to class.

JULIA:

Lucas giving me his hoodie to cover myself was a shock I wore it till the end of the day though because i do not want my ass out infront of the entire school. Now i'm standing a few feet behind Lucas and i slowly undo the knot at the front of my waist. I take a deep breath and fold the hoodie. I take a few steps and when i'm finally behind him i tap him on the shoulder twice. He turns around and looks down at me. "Thanks for... earlier." I say awkwardly.
His calm "Keep it." makes my eyebrows shoot up.
„No no I can't."I reply.
„You can and you will."
I blink up at him and he blinks back.
„Anything else?" He breaks the silence.
I shake my head and quickly turn around and walk out the school gate.

Arriving home with Lucas' hoodie gave me mixed feelings. But now i'm cuddled up with it in between my arms. I missed his smell. I really did. A notification that suprises me pops up on my phone.

Unknown number:

„: Hi it's me Aiden. The guy that asked for your number."

I reply with a small smile on my face.

„me:Hey. How are you?"

I didn't know what to say so i just went with the safe option.

„:I'm good. I was thinking if you maybe wanna go out with me this Saturday?"

My smile widens and i sit up on my bed and cross my legs while placing my elbows on my knees.

"me:Yeah sure just let me know when and where!"

I put down my phone and let my back hit the bed. Still having three days to prepare myself mentally and physically for that date is a relief. I grab the closest pillow and place it over my head. Sighing loudly I stand up. I go towards my closet and look for an outfit. A red dress with long sleeves catches my eye and i reach for it. Slowly taking it out of my closet remembering the time when i only used to buy clothing with long sleeves. I look at it closely it's a red dress that comes to my mid thigh It has two long sleeves attached to the armpit. Wich i can let loose and show my shoulders and collar bone. I smile and try it on. Standing in the mirror that i placed so that my face won't be visible i smile. I look... good. I run my hands down the soft fabric. Damn my ass looks good.