Chapter 9 - Welcome (part one)

It was still dark, but she knew morning was close. Luckily she didn't feel her foot anymore. It felt like something was thightly wrapped around it for support. As long as she wouldn't use her foot, it would be okay, she guessed. 

They'd been traveling for hours, she felt stiff all over and her ass felt like she'd been sitting on the horse for weeks instead of hours. The pain in her back had lessened, but didn't make things easier. There must be quite a few splinters in her sore back.  

Luckily the hunter kept his distance this time. She suspected he did it on purpose, and it wouldn't last long, but for now, she was grateful for it. Only a little, of course. He was still her captor, and for that, she hated him.

The first glow of the rising sun slowly became visible in the sky, allowing her to see a little more, but she still couldn't figure out where they were heading. At a brisk "Let's go!" from the man sitting behind her the group gained speed. It seemed like they would soon reach their destination.

From there on the chance to escape would be minimal for her, she knew. She bowed her head with a empty feeling in her stomach. She saw no way out, being tied to the saddle and her back and foot in this condition. From now on she would be his.

Whoever he might be, actually. She decided she deserved to know at least her captors name. She knew nothing about him. Except that he was an extremely possessive, well trained hunter, that is.

She carefully casted her eyes down and turned half around.
"May I ask you something?"

He chuckled at her strangely polite question. She'd been silent all night when they were riding. He knew she did not sleep for a minute but had been thinking all night. He knew he should've kept her busy, afraid and under his control, but he figured he could make her last few hours outside his castle walls peaceful. Besides that, she was in a terrible physical condition to even try to excape. So what was she up to now?

"Sure, darling. Go ahead."

Her polite mask cracked a little.
"Could you actually stop giving me these nicknames?"

"Not a chance, honey."He emphatised the word honey. "Was that your question, my dear?" He grinned at her.

She forced herself to take a deep breath and keep her mask solid in it's place.
"Actually, no. I just wanted to ask you... What is your name?"

"Good question darling." He's expected this question, sooner or later. Time to learn her some basics. He placed his hand softly on her face. She didn't dare to move away.
"Unfortunately for you, you won't need my name." His fingers traveled softly over her skin while she looked at him with big eyes.

"So how am I supposed to call you?"
Her voice trembled a little, her eyes were lost in his, the warmth of his hand on her face distracting her.

"You can either call me my lord," He moved his hand to her ear, softly tracing it. "You can call me sir, or even..." His thumb brushed over her lip. "Master if you wish."

Her mask shattered into a thousand pieces. She pulled her head away from his hand and looked at him with fire in her eyes. She should've seen it coming!
"What? No way that is ever going to happen. Are you insane? Who are you?"

He smiled when he saw her fire returned. "It doesn't matter who I am, you are mine now darling, so get used to it." He shrugged his shoulders as if the conversation was no longer interesting. 

"We're almost there."