Chapter 13 - A Hot Shower (part one)

"What?"

"You heard me, sugar. I'm not going to repeat myself all the time, so pay attention. Get up, we're taking a shower."

"A shower?" She'd only heard of these extraordinary inventions once before.
"Yes." Slightly amused by her big curious eyes he jumped out of the bed. "Let's go."

"Wait, what? No! No, no, no and no! I'm not going to shower with you!" She tried to scramble even further away from him. Unluckily, she was already on the edge of the bed. With a dull thud she fell on the ground.

"Too bad you don't really have a choice, sweetheart." He'd rounded the bed in a second, looking down on her with an amused glint in his eyes.

"You can choose, darling. You can walk or refuse to. If so, I'll carry you, but either way you'll end up in the same place."

Eyes full of silent panic stared up at him, but she made no move to get up.

The little act of defiance made him smile. She was a good choice to occupy his mind for a while.

"Well, I'll take that as a no," he muttered under his breath. With a swift movement his hands were on her waist and she was lifted from the ground.

She couldn't surpress the surprised scream that left her lips. He threw her over his shoulder and started to walk towards a decorated wooden door.

"Hey! Put me down at once, you barbarian!" She squirmed to get out of his hold.

"Tssk tssk, mind your language." His hand, that presumely held her ankles, teasingly crept up under the blanket, softly tracking the backside of her leg. Reaching her ass he squeezed warningly.

"Wouldn't make me angry now, would you?"

She stilled immediately with his warm hand on her very naked butt.

"Hmm... you're a fast learner." He kind of rewarding stroked her butt once more before removing his hand.

"Good girl." He pushed the wooden door open with little effort.

Cassandra did her best to keep still, not ready to have him touch her yet again. She closed her eyes to regain herself. What was happening?

Everything had happened so fast after she woke up. Had the night before been a nightmare? No, it couldn't be. Otherwise the hunter wouldn't have promised her to explain things.

Her eyes flew open when her captor roughly put her down. Luckily she managed to keep the blanket safely around her.

A smirk appeared once again on his face when he saw what she did. Anger welled up inside her. How desperately she wanted to wipe that smirk off his face!

"Stay here," the hunter ordered her. She waited till he was a few steps away and only then she took the time to register her surroundings. He'd placed her in the middle of a big bathroom. It was almost as big as his bedroom.

The whole room had little tiles, in different colors. Black was here, just like the castle itself, the most prominent color. Every once in a while there were a few little pink and gold tiles, creating a beautiful look.

Light came in through the still open door, but there was also another light source. She didn't know what it was exactly, but in some tactical places there was a soft light.

The wall behind her, the opposite from the one with the open door, was completely covered in coppery pipes. For the water, she figured. In the left part of the room was a big round opening in the floor, like a bathtub in the ground.

The right side of the room seemed empty. The only thing that looked suspicious, was the ceiling. There were little holes everywhere, but she didn't know what their purpose was.

The hunter was standing with his back towards her, doing something by the wall full of pipes. It wasn't long before she heard the sound of streaming water, but she saw nothing.
"Alright honey, time to get out of that blanket."

Her eyes shot to him, but he was still standing with his back towards her. Did he seriously think she'd bathe or shower or whatever with him? Naked?

He had a lot of nerve or was just completely crazy. Her eyes skimmed back to the open door. Now was her chance. As long as he had his back towards her, she woud have a headstart.

She took a careful step towards the open door.

"One more move, sweety," He didn't even turn around to know that she'd moved. "and you won't like the consequenses. And besides, remember that you've nowhere to go."

She froze with one foot mid-air. He was right. Of course he was right. There was nowhere to go.

But that didn't mean she should just stay put like a good girl, right?