Chapter 22 - Foul play

She stared up into his calculating eyes. She knew he'd only accept one answer from her, but she didn't want to give it... Her brain was telling her to accept his weird deal, but her heart screamed no.

This was not how she'd imagined her first real kiss. Only months ago she thought it would be a sweet kiss from her husband, the one that would seal their marriage.... who knew things could escalate so quickly?

One moment she was bethroted, the next she had to run for her life before she even had a chance to met the guy. Well, it didn't matter. After what happened she was sure the wedding was off. She shook her head, trying to focus on the present rather than her not so fortune past. She had to make a choice, fast.

"Is that a no, love?" His voice startled her.

"What? No! I mean... I haven't decided yet!"

"Well, hurry up then, because in three seconds it'll be too late to choose."
He pulled at her hair to tilt her head back, so she was looking up to him from her kneeling position.

"Wait, I need more time!"

"One."

"But..," Her shocked eyes met his, her mind racing.

"Two."

She was doomed. Her mind was coming up blank. She didn't see any possible way where she wouldn't have to kiss him sooner or later.

"Three."

Maybe a warm meal was worth a quick kiss?

"Time's up, honey."

*

He enjoyed her panicked look. He counted slowly, amused by the thoughts that crossed her mind and were beautifully displayed on her face.

He knew that there was still a small chanche she'd say no. Deciding to influence her a bit further, he took a bite of a delicious smelling spiced chicken wing, just inches from her face. "Time's up, honey."

*

She avoided his eyes when her stomach rumbled. She mumbled under her breath, eying the chicken wing. "Cheater."

"What did you say honey?"

Looking anywhere but his face she gave in. She didn't want to see the smug look on his face. "All right... It's not like I have a real choice... You win, I'll do it."

His hand let go of her hair and he patted softly on her head. "Great choice."

"So, how do you want me to kiss you?" She looked down, still avoiding his eyes.

He lifted her chin up, so she was looking at him again. Bending forward he whispered in her ear. "All in good times honey, all in good times. I'll claim my kiss when I want. You get to eat first."

He straightened his back again. Seeming to sense her confusion he added: "See it... as a way to use the goods before you have to pay for them."

She simply nodded. What was there to say?

"Good girl." He held the chicken wing in front of her face. "Now eat."

She wanted to reach out to take the food from him, but he pressed his knees on either side of her arms, trapping her effectively.

Somehow she'd already known she was supposed to eat from his hand, so she just rolled her eyes at him and opened her mouth.

Seeing her compliance he relaxed his legs again. He held the piece of chicken in front of her lips, so she could rip off a large chunk of the delicious meat with her teeth.

When the flavors she'd smelt the entire time finally exploded in her mouth she closed her eyes, making small happy throath sounds. After many months with improvised cooking, Ashe's food tasted like heaven.

They shared the entire plate of food like that, in silence, him occasionally taking a bite but mostly feeding her until she absolutely had enough. When the plate was finished Ashe took a small book she didn't notice before from te desk, leaned back in the chair and started to read it.

She thought it was odd, but she didn't question him as there was a chance he would demand his kiss. So she just stayed on her knees between his feet.

With her stomach full of warm food she started to feel a bit sleepy. It became harder and harder to sit upright on her knees. Occasionally her head rested against his calves for a few seconds before she came to her senses and straightened herself.

When her head almost headbutted his balls for the second time in half a minute, he abruptly stood up, startling her out of her drowsy state.

"Let's get you in bed."

She knew she was tired and she didn't have the energy to argue or be defiant anymore today, so she let him pull her up from her kneeling position. He was surprisingly gentle. He even waited till the blood in her legs circulated again before he led her to the bed.

The only time she tried to struggle him was when he grabbed the hem of her whore-dress and lifted it over her head in a quick motion. She gasped from the sudden cold on her skin and tried to hide her naked body from his eyes, even trying to kick him with her foot and glaring daggers at him.

"What? I normally sleep naked and so will you." It was an obvious command. Normally she'd fight him about it, but she was really missing the energy. This sleepy state couldn't be natural.

She looked at him suspiciously, putting one and one together. "What did you put in my food?" Even her words came out weakly. His eyes flickered to hers and she saw a small guilty flash in them. She knew it! That bastard couldn't be trusted.

"You... piece of trash!" She tried to kick him again while keeping her modesty, but she wayed on her feet.

"Tsk tsk, I'd be careful in this vulnerable state if I were you."

Her eyes went wide in panic. Was he threathening her? Was this his plan all along? Drug her and use her?

"Into the bed, little love." He pulled the blankets back, ushering her to lay down. She quickly crawled in, luckily still having enough sense to pull the blankets up to her chin.

It didn't help her much though, cause as soon as he pulled off his own clothes and got in on the other side, he pulled her naked body flush against his. He was spooning her from behind, wrapping his arms securely around her.

"Good night, honey."

She lay frozen after his actions, the shock waring off the sleepiness for a while. Soon the only thing she heard was his soft snoring into her ear. However, his grip on her body didn't lessen for a second. She wondered for a second why he held her so closely, because she was still wearing the chain, but she soon gave up figuring out his motives. He was without doubt the weirdest guy she ever met.

It wouldn't be long before sleep would claim her as well. The warmth surrounding her, especially Ashe's body heat behind her, was already trying to lure her in.

She tought about the kiss and really regretted giving in to him. She mentally cursed herself again. Why'd she give in? Out in the forest she ran days without complete meals! He'd just... seduced her, yes that was the word!

He seduced her with the delicious smelling food. No one would blow off the chance to trade a simple kiss for a meal when they were hungry! But she thought she had to kiss him right then and there... she shook her head.

Now she laid naked in his bed, owning him a kiss, and God knows when he'd demand it from her.