Chapter 23 - Wicked Intentions

Hesistantly pushing herself up on one elbow, she shook Ashe awake. She hated what he'd done to her last night, and having physical contact with him was the last thing on her wishlist, but she needed him to wake up.

"Ashe." No reaction.

"Ashe, wake up." It occured to her it was slightly odd for a warrior to sleep this deep. Maybe his stupid drugged food affected him too?

"Ashe, please, wake up." She softly poked his shoulder, luckily the only part of his body that was visible above te blankets. During the night she'd appearently turned in his arms. His arm was unfortunately still draped over her hips, but they laid face to face now.

"Hmm... I like to hear you beg. You should do it more often." His soft, raspy morning voice shocked her. He still seemed very much asleep in her eyes.

"Ashe?" His arm around her tightened, proving her he was indeed awake now.

"What is it woman, that can't wait another minute?" He cracked one eye open for a second to check how light it was outside, before he added with a groan, "preferably an hour or two?"

He was actually kinda cute early in the morning, she decided.

She banished the unbidden thought from her mind. "I need to..." her voice faltered and she felt her cheeks flare up. "I need you to let me go."

His brow wrinkled, but he kept his eyes closed. "Why? I finally have you where you belong. Right next to me..." he actually pulled her closer against him.

"No, I don't think you understand, I won't leave, you just have to take the chain off for a few minutes..." Was she reassuring him now? Well, urgent matters called for rushed promises.

"Why?"

He was really slow in the morning, she concluded. "Cause otherwise I'll drench your bed in a few minutes, so I suggest you hurry up!"

That seemed to do the trick. He uttered a soft groan while his right hand slid down her leg, pulling it up by her knee so her ankle was reacheble from his position. She heard a soft click, signalling she was free.

She attempted to slide out of the bed immediately, but his left hand tangled quickly in her hair, preventing her from getting up. He pulled her ear to his mouth.

"It's in the bathroom. Pull the cord next to it when you're finished." He nibbled softly on her earlobe for a second, causing a shiver to run down her spine.

"Be quick. I expect you back next to me in five minutes." With that he let her go. She skittered nerveously to his giantic bathroom, heart in her troath. But she didn't have to worry about her nakedness for the moment. The lazy bastard didn't even open his eyes!

*

His toilet was in one word amazing. When she pulled the cord, like he said, streaming water cleaned the pot. She'd never seen something like this before. It was just like the system regulating the water from the ceiling; simply ahead of time.

She wondered briefly if everything in this country was so futuristic. What did she actually know about this kingdom?

It was rich, that was what she knew. It was the reason she'd been promised to one of the higher class members from this kingdom. But everything went downhill when she made the journey to meet the guy.

"You've got 30 seconds left..!"

"I'm coming, relax!" That man was so infuriating. He just knew how to trigger every nerve she had, without much effort. She took a deep breath to steady her thoughts before she went back to the bedroom.