s1e0 | sorry, not dying today!

hello wattpad! this story is posted from quotev to here, so there may be a few formatting errors that will be fixed in due time :]

read a bunch of reader inserts / x readers of this series and thought i'd add to the collection

reader is gender neutral as stated in the book's description! i also don't have any set appearance of the reader so you're free to imagine them however you want

this is part 1 of a 2 part episode (since the pilot is like.. 40+ minutes lmao)

enjoy the chapter! extra notes will be at the end :]

SEASON 1 EPISODE 0 :
A HERO IS BORN
PART 1

..Okay, what were you expecting out of today? Not much, honestly.

You were leaning on the wooden counter at Pigsy's Noodles, the day going by relatively slow for you. There weren't a ton of customers coming in to the place that day, causing a heavy sigh to escape your mouth as you quietly fiddled with a pair of chopsticks on the counter.

Besides you were two people, or, rather, two of your friends. Tang and MK.

"..And all because of the Monkey King," Tang finished another one of his story sessions with MK, said boy jumping with excitement.

You were used to this. Tang would tell a story about the Monkey King to MK, and in return get free noodles, to the displeasure of your boss, Pigsy.

"Awww YEAH! That's so good!" MK cheered with excitement from the stool he was sitting on. "Monkey King is so cool! He's so strong, and handsome.."

"Oh, MK," Tang chuckled at MK's excitement. "And you thought you knew all the Monkey King stories."

You watched this interaction with amusement, observing how MK showed off his whole collection of Monkey King related content in a small red book with a bunch of papers constantly flying out of it.

"Its cool how you guys are so interested in this stuff," you chimed into the conversation. "Honestly I'm not big on historical fiction."

"Well, it's nice to know someone's taking in all these stories," Tang turned towards you, holding one of the various paper drawings that had flown out of MK's book. "Pearls of wisdom dripping from my lips."

Tang cleared his throat, turning his attention from you towards MK. "Well, you know the deal. One story, one free bowl of zha jiang mian, hmm?"

MK looked up from stuffing all the papers bag into his book. "Huh? Oh right! Free noodles! Yep, on it!" The boy rushed over to the table, placing his book down before reaching toward the bowl of noodles on the table. "So, how heavy do you think a mountain is-"

Suddenly, MK was cut off by a wooden spoon being thrown from the kitchen, which you quickly ducked your head to avoid the impact as the spoon miraculously hit the bowl MK was holding. The bowl flipped over, before landing on the counter next to you- low and behold, your boss standing right there with an angered expression.

"Free noodles?!" Pigsy glared. "NO ONE GETS A FREE MEAL AT PIGSYS! I'M NOT RUNNIN' A CHARITY HERE, TANG!"

The short pig demon was now standing on the counter, glaring down at Tang, before turning towards you. "And YOU, (Name)! Don't think you ain't in trouble too! You can't allow Tang over here to get his free noodles!"

You merely shrugged, giving Pigsy a sheepish smile which only added more fuel to the fire with your boss.

"Ah, but Pigsy," Tang pushed the pig away from him slightly. "I was paying with wisdom-"