s3e8 | friendship is magic

the end is nearly here.. next two chapters are not gonna be fun

lots of tang moments in this one, perfect for (name) and tang to finally bond after quite some time hooray

the THIRD ring!! third times the charm

art above is drawn by Juicy over on Quotev !! i love (name) just being dragged away by a bird LMFAO HELP..

thank u so much for the art!!

hope you enjoy the chapter!! leave a comment if you enjoyed :))

thanks for reading!!

SEASON 3 EPISODE 8 :
BENCHED

The drive had been going smoothly for the past few hours. Sandy kept a steady, but somewhat quick pace down the snowy roads as the van slowly approached the next destination.

You were sitting across from MK, observing his doodles and looking over a few that had you on it. You had to admit-- MK was definitely the artist of the group. He had a lot of talent and passion for drawing, and it clearly showed.

"(Name), could you hand me the green crayon?" MK called over to you, not looking up from his drawing-- but holding out his hand, waiting for you to place it in his palm.

You grabbed the small green crayon lying next to you on the ground, placing it in the boy's palm.

"Thank you!" MK grinned, immediately going back to his current drawing.

"So, whatcha two doing?" Mei strolled over, looking down at the two of you.

"Watching MK draw, he's got a lotta talent," you perked over towards Mei, gesturing to the few drawings you held in your hand.

Suddenly, Wukong flew next to you, the simian laying on his cloud as he took the papers from your hand to examine them.

You gave Wukong a small glare of annoyance, going unnoticed as he seemed much more focused on the drawings in his hands.

"Looking good, bud!" Wukong complimented, mostly aweing at the drawings containing him.

"Ooh!" Tang slid over towards you four with a smile. "Did you do any drawings of me, MK?"

"Yeah, they're over there." MK pointed towards the overflowing trashcan of crumpled papers, not taking his eyes off his current drawings. "I didn't like how any of them turned out, though. It was hard to make you look, uh, cool."

Tang walked over towards the trash can, grabbing one of the crumpled papers and unrolling it-- his smile vanishing into a frown.

"What?" Tang huffed with disappointment. "But I'm like the coolest guy you know."

You got up and walked over to the scholar, who dejectedly looked at all of the crumpled, torn drawings of him.

"..Hey, I think you're pretty cool." you reassured, giving the scholar a few light pats on the back. "You don't need a drawing to determine that,"

Tang's frown shifted back into a small smile at your words as he readjusted his glasses. "Thank you, (Name)."

"Hey guys!" Sandy called out from the front seat. "Land ho!"

The van had finally driven up to a massive city with lights and lanterns littering the city almost everywhere.

The group all gathered up at the front with Sandy and Pigsy looking at the beautiful city just up ahead.

"It's.. really pretty actually," you awed quietly, staring at the bright lights of the lanterns around the city.

Wukong chuckled. "Hasn't changed a bit."