s1e5 | straight out of the backrooms

originally this chapter would've been one of the MK focused chapters and (name) would be off doing something else, but i thought i'd switch it up a bit!

crazy backrooms type world.. what will (name) and mk do?????

thanks for all the support, everyone!

further authors notes will be at the end as per usual!

SEASON 1 EPISODE 5 :
CALABASH

Something really weird was going on, and you weren't exactly sure how to describe it.

You didn't even remember walking to Pigsy's Noodles, yet here you were, entering the front door as if your brain was on autopilot. You had no idea when you left your house and began walking down the sidewalk. Everything was dark until.. it wasn't.

MK was on the floor, sobbing intensely about not wanting to get fired for being over a minute late. You raised an eyebrow in confusion, turning towards the two in the room with him, which was Tang and Pigsy.

"I overslept, and I guess I didn't set an alarm?" MK cried, practically pleading on the floor, as you stood at the entrance of the door. "Honestly, I don't even remember going to bed, and- AND the earthquake, and-and- please don't fire me!"

"..Fire you?" Pigsy chuckled, slowly turning around to face MK. "Aha! Why would I fire you?"

You stared in total bafflement. Pigsy was never not the type to NOT threaten firing someone, and this made you slightly unnerved.

"Uh, well, last time you said, 'If you are one minute late ever again, you are fired!' " MK explained, standing back up from the floor.

" I said that?" Pigsy questioned.

"I'm pretty sure you did?? Like, just last week?" you took a few steps closer to MK, who jumped slightly at your presence.

"That doesn't sound like my best friend Pigsy!" Tang refuted, placing a hand on the pig's shoulder, the two letting out oddly bubbly chuckles.

"What the hell." you stared in confusion and honestly, slight horror.

"Uhm.." MK took a step back in confusion, before abruptly, the entire building began to shake frantically. "..IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!"

You grabbed MK's hand and helped him keep his balance as the shaking, which you assumed was an earthquake of sorts, shook the building. You used your other open hand to lean against the wall to help keep your balance steady along with MK's, the two of you failing to notice Pigsy and Tang's figures glitch out for a moment before returning.

"..Again?" Pigsy cocked his head once the minor earthquake subsided. "Whatcha talkin' about, MK?"

"Did you two.. not feel that at all?" you asked, letting go of MK's hand.

"Feel what?" Pigsy raised an eyebrow in confusion.

Tang chuckled, leaning against the counter. "I think MK and (Name) got a real case of the Mondays, hmm?

"..Maybe it's an inner ear thing..?" MK pondered, but that thought was quickly debunked due to the fact (Name) clearly felt it as well. "Oh! The staff!"

MK began to pull and tug by his ear, struggling to get the staff out. "..Must be in here real good-"

Pigsy let out a laugh, "Your staff ain't in your ear, kid."

"Then where is it?" you asked, as MK turned his attention back towards you. "MK's staff has always been with him, he never.. leaves it anywhere, as far as I know."