s2e7 | cinema sins

the hero and the warrior were like the sun and the moon....

macaque is BACK babeyyy lets GOOO

bro is such a drama / theatre kid and i adore him so much so im happy he's finally back lmao

one thing that really hypes me up to write season 3 is the fact that he appears very often which is greatt

i know this episode is another fan favorite so i did my absolute best on this one, hope the effort pays off haha

hope you enjoy the chapter!!

thanks for reading <3

SEASON 2 EPISODE 7 :
SHADOW PLAY

"I'm so excited!" MK cheered, fist bumping the air. "I haven't been to the movies in ages!"

The five of you were finally having a nice get together after quite some time. You really missed the moments where you and the others just got to hang out together without a demon attacking the city for once.

"Uh, kid, this ain't a cinema." Pigsy deadpanned.

"It's a shadow play, with puppets." Tang explained.

"Wha? Puppets? No!" MK whined, pulling out the Monkey Cop poster from his pocket. "I thought we were seeing Kung Fu Monkey Cop: The Movie!"

"Check the back of the poster, MK," you spoke, placing your hands in your pockets.

MK grumbled, placing the poster back in his pocket, before looking up at a familiar man sitting on one of the nearby benches.

"..Mei, (Name), isn't that the guy who gave us that weird key?" MK questioned.

"You mean the magic key that can unlock anything? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is him.." Mei added, giving the Mayor a suspicious look.

You crossed your arms. "And he's probably not the actual Mayor."

The Mayor noticed the looks from you three, his head slowly creaking itself towards you three.

"Hello!" The Mayor waved, his almost soulless gaze staring right at you- as a laugh erupted from the man.

Staring at him felt cold.

You were completely unnerved, so you quickly looked away while MK nervously waved back.

"Erugh," Tang scooted himself closer to the group, completely weirded out. "Well, that's not creepy at all."

"Point is, whatever we're watching, you've earned a break, kid." Pigsy lightened the mood back up, looking at MK.

"You have been training super hard. I can't even remember the last time we all just hung out together!" Mei chimed in. "I missed this."

"Me too," you added. "I feel like it's good that we're all finally just.. hanging out again like normal."

"So, was Sandy just busy or..." Tang was about to question where the big guy was, but MK was quick to interrupt.

"What are you talking about?" MK baffled. "We hang out all the time!"

"Nuh-uh. girlfriend!" Mei crossed her arms, huffing. "It's always Monkey King this or some scary skeleton thing that with you lately!"

The mention of skeletons made your stomach drop slightly, but you did your best to ignore the feeling.

MK was about to refute. "Well, yeah but-"

"Just yesterday you blew off checkers night cause' you had to study," Tang glared. "Study what, I might ask?!"