Day 43

Ao'nung

It was currently the third day after Neteyam had been shot. I was once again on my way to him.
As before, it shattered my heart into pieces as I saw him lying there, pale and covered in sweat.
I was sad as I sat down next to him and I grabbed his hand. It wasn't as cold as the last time anymore and I interpreted that as a good sign.
I told him about my day and how much I missed him.
"You have to wake up again, Teyam. It drives me nuts seeing you here and not being able to help you at all. Neytiri is still confident that you will push through this. Honestly, I admire her for that. I cannot bring myself to believe that. But of course I want nothing more than you coming back to me. So please, don't keep us waiting."
Tears started to pool in my eyes and I blinked hastily.
"Lo'ak and your sisters miss you too. Kiri is still trying to somehow deal with spider's death. Tsireya and your brother seem to be happier than ever. Hardly a day passes without them being together all the time and holding hands and giggling. She tells me afterwards what they'd done the whole day and really radiates happiness."
I smiled softly.
"Jake really hates himself. Him and Lo'ak both think that it's their fault that you're in this situation. Jake thinks that he should've been with you sooner and Lo'ak is convinced that all of this just happened because he told us to come and save Payakan. But all of that is bullshit. Only the person who shot you is responsible for your state, and noone else. I hope you agree with that when you wake up. You have to tell both of them that it's not their fault."
With a sad sigh i caressed his cheek and gently placed a kiss on his forehead. I checked my surroundings before embarrassed swiping the sweat from my lips.
With a last look on him I squeezed his hand carefully and then stood up.
"See you tomorrow. I hope until then you're better already."

With an aching heart I turned away and went.