Day 55

Lo'ak

I was sad as I was sitting next to my brother and told him the news about Tsireya and me. "If you only knew what that girl does to me. I would do everything for her. And I mean literally anything. But looking at Ao'nung... he doesn't seem to feel very different about you. He spends all of his spare time with you, even though you're not awake and he doesn't know whether you can even listen. That's crazy. We all miss Spider a lot. Especially Kiri. But I feel like  she manages it somehow. It's worse that her big bro is not there."
Tears were filling up my eyes and I wiped them away shaking.
"We need you. Dad is acting so weird ever since and he's sometimes mean to mom even though he doesn't want to. But you know how she is - she couldn't care less. She told him that he was like a child. Somehow he found it cute, because he smiled like freshly in love and they made up again. I don't know.
Everyone is so weird right now. Maybe we're going crazy. Please wake up bro. I couldn't ever forgive myself if you'd die now because of me. I wish I could go back in time and do everything differently. I am so sorry Neteyam.
In order for me not to cry, I bit my lip and stood up. "See you soon." At least I hoped so. With sad thoughts filling up my brain I left the hut and searched for Tsireya. She was always able to cheer me up and that was exactly what I needed right now.
Just peace and no drama.

I wished I hadn't said anything.

I found Tsireya sitting in her room and crying. "Reya, what happened?", I asked concerned and hugged her. She just bawled her eyes out even more. Trying to calm her down I caressed her back.
As she finally stopped crying, she dried her tears with shaking hands. I placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "Do you want to tell me?" She nodded.
"But please, don't be mad at me", she whispered quietly. I made myself ready for whatever possible thing she could say now. Even if she'd cheated on me or wanted to break up with me, I was ready for hearing it from her.
But I wasn't ready for the words coming out of her mouth.

"Is that really true?", I asked, unsure how to react.
"Yes. Please, say something about this." In silence, I thought about what I should say now.
"I don't think I'm ready for that." Her ears flopped down. I booped her soft little nose and smiled. "That doesn't mean that I won't try my absolute best. As long as we're together, we can do anything. Alright?"
With a sob she threw herself into my arms. "Oh Lo'ak, you're the best!"
I held her close and while rocking us back and forth, a million possible outcomes went through my mind.
"When are you going to tell your parents?" She let out a sigh. "As soon as possible. I don't want them to find that out in an other way."
"Right now?" She hesitated. "Maybe that's the best.
Will you come with me?" "Of course, everything you want sweetheart." That made her face light up a bit. She took my hand and together we got up, bracing us for the following conversation.

It was obvious that telling her parents was an absolutely uncomfortable thing to do for her.
To our surprise, Tonowari took it like a champ and played it cool. Amd Ronal too didn't seem to be angry with either one of us.
"You're strong, Tsireya. You -", she interrupted herself and glanced at me. "Both of you will find a way. And we're here for you, whatever you may decide." My girl started crying again and she hugged her mom tightly. Tonowari too wrapped his arms around his wife and daughter.
This picture made me smile. Her family was amazing.
Speaking of which - I suddenly felt sick. We had to tell my parents too somehow.
Tonowari and Ronal looked over to me and opened their arms once again inviting me to the hug. Carefully I walked over to them, but as soon as I was close enough, they pulled me close to Tsireya and we continued this somewhat weird, but also very comforting hug. Maybe we'd really be able to manage it. Together.

"Lo'ak te Suli Tsyeyk'itan, I really do hope that that's a joke!", dad shouted quietly. I fought the urge to look away and lower my head, but I couldn't resist. "No, sir. It's the truth."
Mom decided to take a stand. "Ma'Jake, do you really think that he would joke about something like that?" He scratched his neck. "Well, it could be. That would've been better than this being true."
With a sigh I looked back at him. "Believe me, I do think so as well. But we can't change it now."
Tsireya, Ao'nung and their parents appeared behind my back. "Tonowari, is that really true?", dad asked. He nodded. Dad turned to my girl and me. "If that's the case... you fulky have our support." We thanked him and he hugged us tightly. Mom joined us and kissed my forehead and then Tsireya's. "We're always going to be here for you." Reya tilted her head in gratefulness and whispered a quiet thanks. Ao'nung softly punched my arm and grinned. I smiled.
But still, I questioned how well we would be able to manage all of that.
Until then, we had still quite some time to figure it out.

"Is she allowed to sleep over tonight?" Dad at me grudgingly and I threw up my hands in surrender. "Alright. I'm going to see you tomorrow, right?" She smiled widely and then kissed me. Together with the rest of her family, she left.
Dad smacked the back of my head. I said with a sigh: "I can't change it, you know? Maybe it's just the way it's supposed to be." Mom laid her hand on his arm. "Dinner is ready."
Grateful for the chage of topic I smiled and passed them with my head lowered.
What would Neteyam say about that?
I decided to tell him as soon as he woke up. With a silend prayer I begged Eywa that this may happen soon.
I've never ever needed my brother this much. Without him, I thought, I couldn't do it.
But, just like with everything else, I had to wait. I hated waiting.
Grudgingly I scrunched my nose.

[i can feel the drama approaching]