Day 64 part 2

Ao'nung

No.
No!
He couldn't just die.
He was getting better.
He was awake and moving and just as sweet as ever.
With an angry cry I punched the wall and then left the pod where he'd been to get better and where he now was.
He was dead - and it was final.
Fucking shit.
If I hadn't left him alone like he asked me to, he might still be alive. Tears were streaming down my face as I was walking over to the Sully's hut and stepped inside.
Jake, Neytiri, Tuk and Kiri were staring at me. "Teyam is dead", was all I could get out bevore sinking to my knees, shaking.
Very faintly I heard Neytiri scream. Strong arms were being wrapped around me and I was being pulled to a chest and held there tightly. Crying like hell I hugged Jake back who held my head. I felt Kiri's and Tuk's arms and whether she liked it or not, Neytiri too was pulled closer to us.
We were standing like this for a while until the first shock was over.
My heart was breaking seeing his family like this. Especially Neytiri's screams were painful to listen to.
My whole body felt numb. All the sadness and the pain were about to get a complete hold on me. Shaking I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself as much as I could so I wouldn't lose my mind.
Every time my thoughts even caught a glimpse of Neteyam I was on the verge of crying. And let me tell you, I have been thinking about him in those past weeks every moment.
I made myself stand up and care for the Sullys.
Together we went back to where I came from and where Lo'ak was still watching over Neteyam's dead body.
Noone was able to stop their tears as they saw both of them in the pod. Lo'ak got pulled into a tight hug.
Quietly I left them alone and was surprised by Tsireya with a hug. She was shaking like hell and didn't seem to me fine at all. Maybe it was also because if what she had told me days ago.
Carefully I walked her down to the beach and made her sit down next to me. I stared at the water.
"It's not your fault", she said softly. "You couldn't have helped him in any way. You've heard the healers. Not even they were able to do something."
Without a word the tears began streaming over my face again. Her hand was resting on my back.

Mourning him we sat there and waited. I didn't know what exactly we were waiting for. Maybe some sort of sign or simply for things to get easier.
The sun was getting closer to the horizon.
The water was getting more and more red. Neteyam had loved watching the colors spread.
My heart was aching as I stood up. "We should go and prepare the funeral." She nodded and got up slowly.
I walked back to the Sullys and saw them still mourning. "It is time."
His parents were looking at me with tears in their eyes.
"Can -", I interrupted myself. I didn't know how to form the words necessary. "Can I carry him..?"
Jake slowly nodded and the rest of the family agreed.

My breathing stopped for a few moments as I carefully picked up the motionless body of my boyfriend. Then I started breathing again and was almost angry how unfair it was. I was allowed to breathe when he wasn't?
I was sure that everyone in this room was able to hear my heart shattering into a million pieces.
With my head low I started walking. The Sullys and Tsireya were following me - she held Lo'ak's hand.
Slowly we made our way to the shore of the Cove of the Ancestors.
The whole clan was standing on the right and left side. Everyone was wearing something to show their grief and they were watching me and especially Neteyam in my arms.
I didn't hold the tears back anymore but let them make their way across my cheeks.
Carefully I walked into the warm water. I knew that sooner or later I had to let him go, but I wasn't ready. I won't ever be ready for that.
My parents looked at me with pity in their eyes before lowering their heads.
We swam over to the glowing field in front of the Spirit Tree.
Then we said our last goodbyes.

*

"I will never stop loving you. Ever. And I don't ever want to forget you or let you go. You are the single best thing that has ever happened to me. And I wish that Eywa wouldn't be taking you away from me now. That we had more time together. Fuck, I love you. So damn much. One day I will come to you. I am longing for the day that I can finally hold you again, my Teyam."
My voice cracked and I kissed hia forehead one last time.

*

Jake rested his hand on Neteyam's cheek.
"My son. I should have paid closer attention to you. You being shot was my fault. I've been so harsh with all of you to prevent something like this from happening."
With his other hand, he touched Lo'ak. "I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could do to make all of this right."
His ears were hanging low as he turned away.

*

Neytiri caressed his cheek and kissed his temples.
"Ma'Neteyam. One day we will meet again." Her voice was full of sadness amd grief; it was heartbreaking.
She then softly moved one of his strands out of his face and hugged Jake crying.

*

It was my fault, brother. It all started when I wanted to help Payakan and asked you to help me. Please forgive me."
He closed his eyes as his lower lip started to tremble. Then he turned away.

*

Tsireya softly squeezed Neteyam's hand. "I would have loved to welcome you in my family as my brother's mate. You've always been so good to him. May Eywa forever care for you."
She then wrapped one arm around Lo'ak and tried to comfort him with quiet words.

*

Tuk just stared at her oldest brother and cried without getting out one word. Finally I picked her up so Kiri could say her goodbye in peace.

*

"I will miss you. I've just lost Spider - it's not fair that you have to go now, too." She took his hand. "I will pray to Eywa every day. And then she will listen to us and we will meet again. I know that. And that's going to be very soon - I can feel it."
She could feel it and everyone else could see it.
The spots on her skin began glowing just like every so often in the past few weeks. But it didn't have any resemblance to what had happened before.

She was literally glowing from the inside out; her whole body seemed to be radiating light - brighter than ever before.
Every single one of us was surprised and worried at the same time.

She began shaking just like the one time where she had connected herself to the Spirit Tree.
With Tuk still in my arms I tried getting her off of Neteyam.
Impossible.
Bright strings like tendrils started to grow from her hand and began covering his body. An especially thick strand led to his neck and smaller sections took a hold of his whole head except his face.

The girl opened her eyes.
Even those seemed to be glowing. Or maybe I was just hallucinating. But everything was so damn incredible that I just had to have Imagined all of it. No way that any of this was real.
I shook my head and pinched myself, but nothing happened.

Tuk grabbed me tightly and asked what was happening right now. That poor girl was so scared for both of her siblings.
"I have no idea. But I think -", even the plain thought was so absurd, "I think, your sister is contacting Eywa."