Day 68

Kiri

The way of water has no beginning and no end. Our hearts beat in the womb of the world. The sea is your home, before your birth and after your death. The sea gives and the sea takes. Water connects all things: life to death, darkness to light.

Eywa's words echoed through my brain again and again.

The way of water has no beginning and no end.

Neteyam's life clearly has had a beginning. But its end wasn't quite obvious.
He should've died right then and there when he had gotten shot. He should be dead.

Our hearts beat in the womb of the world.

They much rather were beating in the womb od Eywa. She had power over all things living, but she seemed to never actually interfere. Just like this time - I had to find out everything by myself. But at all times I was able to feel her presence.
And still, I had been able to feel his heart start beating again. His brain restarting and doing what it usually does.
Water surrounded me. Not only back when I was in Neteyam's head, but also now in this indescribable situation.

The sea is your home, before your birth and after your death.

You could definitely define his current state as a state od rebirth. He'd died and now he came back slowly. At his funeral, where I started messing with his brain, I'd always been surrounded by water.

The sea gives and the sea takes.

It had taken his life, but at the same time it kind of had given it back to him. Well, actually it was me bringing him back to life, but still. The water was always present. Maybe that's been more important than I'd thought.

Water connects all things: life to death, darkness to light.

I wasn't even able to express how happy I was about the water connecting everything. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have been able to bring Neteyam back.
Suddenly the memories of Spider's funeral popped up in my mind. Why hadn't I been able to help him too?
Eywa didn't answer my silent question, but I hadn't expected an answer anyway.

Slowly I started trying to gather my consciousness. It felt like I was shattered in my body in hundreds of tiny shards. I somehow knew that I firstly had to repair myself.

The sea gives and the sea takes.

With new willpower I forced myself to look for every last piece of me and collected it. Ony when I waa finished I'd start placing them in their rightful place.

It took me another eternity.
But finally I thought I was done.
So I spread out all the shards, every splinter, even the tiniest of pieces.
I didn't know what to do next. How was I supposed to rearrange them all without the already rearranged pieces falling apart again?

Water connects all things.

I started understanding why Tsireya had told me those words. And why Eywa too has said it.
Just like that, with those few sentences, I knew what I had to do.
I imagined the water washing through me, through my hands until it reached the broken pieces. Then, it would sinply repair me.
With my eyes shut I concentrated. I was still weak from me interfering with Neteyam.
Nothing happened.
I focused as hard as na'vily possible and really forced ny mind to activate every last ounce of willpower and might that was still inside of me.
Slowly, I felt me getting back together. Until the moment where I was finally me again I hadn't noticed how restless and confused I had been.
My usual calmness and peace came back to me.

With a sigh I was finally able to relax and checked my body for any visible wounds. Except for the part where my fingers would be hurting for a few days I was completely fine. I too noticed that my muscles now relaxed.
Judging by how they felt now they must've been cramping nonstop for quite a while.