C H A P T E R 8 (Edited)

━━━ ☆ ━━━
M C

"Diavolo." I called his name with a deep sigh. We were alone together at the secret library of the RAD for absolute no reason.

He randomly texted me, probably because he's sometimes high when it comes to three in the early morning.

He looked at me with short, squinted eyes before it narrowed to its normal size with his pupils dilating, "Hm? Yes MC?" Diavolo squeaked with his early morning tone.

I cleared my throat with a cough before asking him: "What did you call me here for?"

The chair Diavolo was sitting on cranked towards my direction so it was faced to me now.

What's the purpose of doing that?

"Barbatos suspected something about you and R/N. Is there something wrong between you two?"

I stayed silent and I feel like floating at the air, and once again, going back to where I lived. The earth.

I sighed deeply before forcing myself to smile, although I glared daggers to the demon king.

"Isn't it obvious?? My life is literally hell because of her!" The tone of my voice spoke with a boiling anger. And I was clearly frustrated when I saw his look with an amusement.

He shook his head. "I don't think she's a problem. Unless there's something going on to you two." He paused again before saying another sentence.

"MC, I do not want your feelings getting hurt. So please tell me what is happening." Dia's stoic expression broke as the concern on his face grew. His hands held mine and his thumb rubbed circles around my palm to ensure safety.

"I'm already hurt. Isn't it obvious? And it adds how my ass still stings because I fell down probably last days ago."

"I'm serious here."

"And I'm also serious about what I said!" I groaned in pain. "I promise."

Diavolo probably couldn't take my behavior anymore, so he decided to move on. "Alright. We'll let the future decide that." I looked at him with a weird expression.

What is this demon sayin' about?

I looked at my watch and it was past four in the morning. So, I stood up from the seat. "I need to return back now."

He nodded his head and also stood up. "I'll help you go back to the House of Lamentation."

☆☆☆

When I opened the door, I saw Lucifer who was standing from the distance. It looked like he was waiting for me.

"MC? Where the hell have you been?" The avatar of pride walked towards me while wearing a stoic expression. I grinned widely before replying back. "With Diavolo at school."

He raises his eyebrows. "Where is Diavolo?"

The demon king chimed in with a tired but charming smile. "I am also here." His eyebrows were wiggling as if flirting with Lucifer which is kind of suspicious.

The black-haired demon jerked his head down and sighed. "You could've told me where you'll be going."

I grinned widely and looked away as if I was ignore him on purpose. "Thank you for helping me go back here, Diavolo." Instead of nodding, he only laughed.

"It's not a problem, MC. I'll also go back to the castle. Now, good night to you two!" His voice echoed through the halls of the entrance and his presence quickly disappeared out of our sights.