C H A P T E R 9 (Edited)

Meria = MC's mother
Ail = MC's father

Also, I won't give pictures of the characters in this story. Let the imagination go wild. 👍🏻

━━━ ☆ ━━━
M C

I WALKED DOWN the quiet road. It was finally a relief to see the sky blue again. The dark horizon on the Devildom was unsettling, so this was a fresh air to see that I'm back in my own dimension.

I had my suitcase with me. It's a bit handy now that I don't need to wear a large bag on my back. I stopped right in front of my house- my original home. It has been almost a year since I stopped by. I didn't know how to face my parents. They're a lot worse when they get mad.

I hope not.

I re-composed myself, and tried to calm myself down. But whenever I look at the doorbell, my heart instantly races like flash. I mean, what parent would not get mad at their child suddenly disappearing for like.. a year or more than that?

Finally, I decided to go and push the doorbell. I heard small footsteps from inside and not even a few seconds later, the door opened. There stood my mother with a dumbfounded expression, as if she wasn't believing that I'm here standing at the porch of the house.

"Surprise?" I scratched the back of my head and my mom quickly pulled me into her arms, embracing me with a very tight hug, following her sobs. Her cries pushed me to the edge where I was also crying. I only wiped her tears before holding her hand.

"I..I'm sorry, I'm really sorry for..for leaving you and dad. I-" She had cut me off with a gentle tone before I could continue.

"There is no need to apologize, my dear. I'm just so happy that you're back!" Her tears were also filled with joy as she kissed my forehead before letting me inside the house.

Nothing really changed in the living room, except for the fact that the space was wider than before. I'm not sure what happened after I had disappeared, but I'm very sure that they cleaned it up. There's a pang of guilt inside of me when I imagine my parents crying. I could clearly see exhaustion on my mom's eyes from earlier when she opened the door.

"Let me lead you to your room. Okay?" My mom held my hand gently but firmly as she led me to my bedroom. When she opened the door, I was surprised to see how my room had changed. The bed was big unlike before. My dream TV was there at the front of my bed. At the other side of the room, I had a clean, white desktop with a modern office chair that is also white and comfy at the same time. There was another door that probably led to my bathroom.

"It's so beautiful here, mom. Thank you for cleaning my room." I looked at her with a genuine smile. It's so nice to see my mom smile back.

She laughed before speaking. "Well, I wasn't the one who did your room. Your dad really wanted to be the one to clean your room and he was pleading at me for the whole night. Your dad was also the one who re-designed your whole bedroom with the things that you loved."

Mom ruffled my hair and I chuckled nervously. I felt a bit awkward, but I also wanted to redeem myself again for what I've done. I want to fix our family bond again and I'm going to do it all, right now.

"Mom, let's go outside later. I missed you and dad so much. Where is he by the way?" I slid my hands to the pocket of my lower clothing.

"Your dad is still at work, but he'll be back soon. Go change your clothes first and take your time here as much as you want. I'll be in the kitchen, making sandwiches. Have you eaten yet?" Her voice was soft when she asked, but I shook my head. "No. I haven't eaten since I got here."