• his questions •

᯽᯽᯽

᯽᯽᯽

The day she had been dreading arrived very swiftly. She was standing by her almost empty wardrobe, her room a mess with all her scattered clothes. She angrily stared at the dress her mother had delivered for her. How could she even expect her to wear that thing?

Shaking her head, she threw the black shiny skirt out and her brows shot up at the sight of the hidden dress in the corner. This was it. She took it out and attached the dress to her front, examining it over herself in the mirror.

She just had to get it pressed quickly and Neelofer baaji was not a great option for the job. She was good at everything, but when it came to ironing clothes, God protect those innocent materials. She had burnt Gule's new dresses almost every month until she decided to take up on the duty of ironing clothes on herself.

She had an hour to get ready so she rushed down to iron the clothes, then ran back upstairs, already tired. Hurriedly getting ready, her mind continued it's job of thinking thoughts it couldn't put a full stop over.

Amidst thoughts of how much she hated the high-class parties like these, she wondered how on earth she would spend her time there and not go insane, or worse lose her patience and offend everyone with a scowl, whine or rude attitude. All the ladies would torture her endlessly by spinning her round and round in circles.

She curled her hair into waves. Though they were not done properly, since her arm gave up half-way through. Her favourite pair of jhumkay were matching with the dress, so she wore them to add some jewellery and complete her look. She was done getting ready right on time as the bell rang. It must be him.

Her heart hammered against her chest. Her father had told her to go with him, though she had thought he'd just be accompanying her for shoots, but it made her so happy, she almost started dancing right then and there.

Picking up her golden heels in her hand and grabbing the purse in the other, she twisted her body to the left then right infront of the full length mirror to check her outfit from front and back. Still nervous and giddy, she hurried out not wanting to make him wait.

Sitting down on the last stair, she started closing the straps of her heels after wearing them quickly.