9

The minutes went by painfully slow. The tension from the Kiss you and Gaz shared earlier still laying thick in the air. You haven't talked to him since, now just getting ready to take a cold shower. As you started to strip off your clothes a familiar yet old feeling started to spread in your lower half, having a shaky breath escape your lips. Your brain spooked unsettling thoughts through your mind. Seconds after stepping into the shower the cold water hit your skin sending a shiver through your system, the heated feeling stopped almost imminently the shock washing them down the drain.

The shower was satisfying the feeling of being fresh spreading a rather comfortable warmth in the bathroom. Just then you realized that you had forgotten to bring clothes, what a coincidence.

Wrapping the largest towel you could find around your body, seeing that it is barely covering your lower half. Just enough to not accidentally flash Kyle. You opened the door stepping out trying to look as confident as possible.

Kyle looked up from the book he was reading, eyes growing wide instantly. He met your gaze seeing how flustered you looked from his reaction. He tried thinking of anything to say to ease the tension that now grew in the room again. Not finding anything he just decided to send his whole attention back to the book he still had in his hands. Wanting to give you the privacy needed.

"Listen Kyle I didn't mean to shout at you like that earlier. I was just shocked that you like kissed me. I don't know what went through my mind. It felt somewhat like a real kiss I don't know" Chuckling from your words you turned back to him now fully dressed. He slowly looked up at you trying to find the right words. "I know it was just to keep our cover don't you worry about that". A slow nod from his sides. "Right, just for the cover". Eyes falling back onto the book Gaz let the conversation die down.

"We still have some time until I meet that super villain guy, want to do something?" Now more interested in the book Kyle is reading you sat next to him leaning against his frame to get a better look. "What ya reading?".

"Oh its nothing special just some random book I found on the shelf" He enjoyed the sudden closure putting an arm around your shoulder inviting you to come closer to him. You snuggled more onto him head laying on his chest to look in the book with him, his heartbeat and the movements of his chest from breathing making you feel all fuzzy. Kyle started to read the words out loud starting from the beginning of the book, so you could follow the story better.
"I enjoy looking at beautiful people and I decided a while back not todeny myself the simpler pleasures of existence. Particularly giventhat, as you so astutely pointed out, we're all gonna die pretty soon."

Gaz continued to read hooking you to the book, just by the simple act of hearing him read it to you. The smell of his cologne surrounding you comfortable while you still rested on top of him arms crossed in front of your chest.

The day continued to be slow just Kyle reading further into the book while you made yourself more comfortable next to him. He had a beautiful reading voice, soothing yet so hooked in the storyline that he sometimes lets out a shocked gasp before reader the next line. It was adorable to watch. His eyes growing wider the further the book led him to the actual downfall off the relationship the characters had.

The fault in Our stars was a book that you had read as an early teen just now remembering the storyline reliving this moment having Kyle next to you. The story is truly heartbreaking yet it opens something like a hidden door in the back of once mind. It shows how fucked up life is yet how beautiful it can be with someone on your side.

It shows the everyday struggle of people that have to live with the thought of their future maybe never becoming what they had dreamed off. It could crush the hardest guys heart.

Hours have gone by so hooked from the story that the air surrounding the room already felt thick in their lungs, both boiling underneath their clothes from being so close to each other this whole time. Yet neither you or Kyle said anything, ignoring the circumstances just enjoying being so close to one and another.

"Maybe we should get ready for your little date with the target" His voice softly whispered in your direction. "Don't call it a date, and I guess so its already pretty late". Standing up feeling sore bones move around in your body, it hurt like hell from laying on one spot the entire time. You didn't dare to really move being so close to Gaz, unsure if he even wanted you that close next to him.

"Where are you two going to meet?" His gaze locked into yours as he stretched his limbs. "Caffeé we met first time, you should have a good chance to keep an eye on me from there". He only nodded walking into the bathroom to put on a complete black set of clothing followed by a cap that he wore underneath his hoodie. It hid his facial features pretty well, beside him looking excellent in all black.

You had put your clothes on a scent of nervousness sweeping over your skin. Kyle had caught onto it pretty fast taking your hand onto his. "You don't have to be nervous, I am always there in case anything goes wrong. You are not alone out there". His words stole some of the nervousness that made your blood turn cold, the reassuring look in his eyes gave you hope.

It was going to be okay! At least if you trust Kyles words.

"And remember y/n don't look in my direction, if he knows I am there you will be screwed". You just nodded once again. "I need words"

"Yes I understand". Now he was the one to nod pulling you into a tight hug . This time he needed the closure, knowing how dangerous this mission was and how unready he himself was to let you go to that bastards alone.