17

"Welcome back Sergeant's" A tight and welcoming hug from Price followed, holding you close to him. It had been too long since you had seen him. You could swear he got older by a lot. 

Ghost just nodded in your and Gaz's direction acknowledging your presence. Soap also hugged you. sending a nod in Gaz's direction, not wanting nor needing closure to him. 

"Glad you haven't killed yourself I would have if I was stuck in a house with this glob for weeks". Yet another unecesary comment from the scot. Who immediately earned a cold look from Ghost, shutting him up. 

"Gaz isn't all so bad, can actually be nice company. Glad to be back, though. It's nice to see something else than a pair of walls."

You grabbed your duffel bag and headed inside, Price walking on your side. "We have another mission right around the corner, but I decided to have you go with Ghost this time. I don't want anything to go south. I'll see you in my office in 10 to talk through the plan further and let you in on the mission". Nodding as a reply you made your final way to your room, opening the door to be met with a clean room, no dust on the furniture. Who cleaned while you were gone? 

The question was answered instantly as heavy steps approached you knocking on the open door to let you know about the persons' presence. The familiar Ghost mask looking in your direction. "Hope you didn't mind, I kept the room tidy while you were gone, had a spear key from price." His hand reached out dropping the key in your palm. "Thank you Ghost, I really appreciate it" 

He nodded before sitting down on your chair watching you unpack your stuff. The room was quiet, Ghost left in thoughts while you tried your best to ignore his starring.

"Listen y/n". He closed the door wanting more privacy in case anyone was listening. "I am only going to say this once. And only because I want to protect you. Keep your distance to Mactavish, He isn't really who he is acting out to be. I don't want you to get in any unnecessary trouble. Nor do I want to fill out any paperwork." .

Confusion spread inside of you, visible in your facial features. "I don't need to explain it, would rub the point dry. Just stay away and you'll be alright" 

"Okay? Thank you Ghost but I think I know best whom to hang out with, besides he is just very friendly". Your reply hit stone as the brit just groans in disagreement, not pushing the topic any further, though. 

"Are you nervous?". He tried to pick up a topic again, feeling guilty about having agreed to the bet at all, now trying to make somewhat a bond with you scared you see him as some weird creep. 

"About the mission? Not really, I worked out a lot, got stronger. And with the infamous Ghost by my side I am sure nothing can go wrong". You smiled towards him before turning around again.

It was odd for Ghost to talk so much, yet search for a conversation with a newbie. Since you were part of Price's family, Ghost saw you as a strong part of the teams' family. He trusted you because Price put all his trust into you. Normally, he would have tried to make you feel scared or intimidated by his presence but that was not necessary. Feeling how much respect and trust you already put into Ghost's hands. 

The meeting went by smoothly, it wasn't going to be anything big. There was a weapons stash placed near the hafid port. It was going to be quick. Get the location. Drill the stash open. Get it into a dead drop and then exfil. 

First night will be camping near the port to see if any suspicious activity can be located. If the safe has been found. You move onto the next subject which will be surprise attack. Take out the enemies drill the safe and get to safety as fast as possible. 

It all sounded good in the books, but anything could go south, and you really weren't up to being stuck in another safehouse with Ghost this time. 

"Make sure you prep your equipment well Rookie, If you have questions I will be in the rec room. We head off tomorrow at 0500 am."

"Copy that Ghost, i'll see you". 

Disappearing from his view Johnny walked up to him a bitter smirk on his lips. "I see you still trying to hit, why break the bet then?" 

"I am not trying to hit johnny, I am being a reasonable human being. Respecting her as much as I respect any other member in this task force. Maybe you should start where I ended and take upon my actions". It was quiet until the scot burst out laughing. "You being a normal human being? Oh c'mon Simon who are you trying to fuck with this time?" 

"Enough of that Johnny, Grow up". He left the scene feeling the bitter taste of annoyance grow in his stomach. He truly did respect Johnny but enough is enough at times. Especially if it goes as far as this. 

But then again it wasn't his Job to protect you from sexual encounters with the other members, he wasn't in any form of relationship with you nor was he your father. All he could do was warn and hope for the best. 

______________

I would let Ghost hit I can't lie