20

The water ran down your skin so effortlessly, washing off the dirt that it had caught. Never had a shower felt better than after this Misson. You rinsed the shampoo out of your hair, using conditioner to get the final knots out. 

After stepping out of the shower you were met with the cold that surrounded the bathroom, wrapping a towel around yourself you stepped out into your room. Grabbing some leggings and a hoodie, you put them on quickly, followed by some cleaner boots. After getting dressed, you headed down to the rec room, just about to twist the door knob as a hand laid on your shoulder from behind. 

Turning around in a second, you were just about to hit your 'attacker' as a pair of brown doll eyes looked at you in shock. "Sorry my love, didn't mean to scare you". 

"It's just you Gaz, bloody hell don't do that to me"  Your gaze met his, back now turned to the door while his body was so close. The heat started to grow in between you two, just now you noticed how quiet it has gotten. Neither you or kyle said another word, just his eyes changed. 

They looked worried, a small amount of sadness shining in them. 

"Are you alright?". Voice soft you reached your hand out, cupping his cheek. "I was worried about you, I heard Price say that Ghost got shot and from then on, it all just went downhill here on base." 

Kyles head moved towards your hand whilst his own took place over yours. Seemingly enjoying the closure, he closed his eyes for a second. "I am glad that you're back here y/n" 

Just the few simple words Kyle let out had you melt into his gaze, knowing that he was here waiting for you to come back in one piece was somewhat soothing. 

"I'm here and all right, no need to worry any more". His muscular arms pulled you into a hug whilst his head found comfort on your shoulder. The hug felt good, he continued to hug you even tighter after you had put your arms around his body. 

"Want to continue with our book?"  You nodded, holding on to his arm while he walked back towards his room. 

"Las you're back!" a familiar Scotsman started shouting from down the corridor. "Oh Johnny, she is busy right now how about you try again later. Thank you!!" Kyle quickly opened the door and moved both you and him inside before closing the door again. "That was close". 

You broke out in a laughing fit watching kyle lock the door quickly before sitting down on the bed. He also had to laugh even though it more came out as a chuckle. 

"Come here beautiful" Kyle opened his arms welcoming you the second you leaned over him to fall into the hug. Ending in both of you laying on the bed in each others arms. 

"we are getting to leave in a few weeks, go back home. How bout we spent some time together then? I've got some nice friends you'd love to meet." You thought for a second, drawing circles on his chest while being lost in thoughts. You two acted so close and loved together, like you had spend the majority of your time on his side. 

His request didn't sound bad either, being on leave and spending some time with him away from the military life style and stress did indeed sound like a pleased change. 

"I would love to". He smiled at your reply placing a soft kiss on your head. His arm reached out to grab the book that was sitting on your night stand, just as he opened it a knock was heard on the door. 

You quickly got up unlocking the door, as you opened it a mountain of a man was stood in front of you. The familiar Ghost mask firmly placed on his head. A crutch helping him stand up. 

"Ghost, you alright?". He continued to stay silent before a sigh left his lips. "I just wanted to thank you, for helping and shit. Doc said its going to heal well. I should be good to go in a few weeks." You nodded, smiling at his words. "Glad its all going well so far, hope it doesn't bother you too much."

Just as you thought he would leave, Ghost gave you a quick one arm hug. Leaving the scene without loosing another word. 

Standing there fumbled by his actions, you closed the door turning around to face kyle again, who was also pretty shocked about what just happened. 

"That was new". Was all he got out before opening his arms again greeting you back in bed. 

__________________________

"What is the plan for your leave? You're coming with me and visit your dad?" Price took a sip from his glass looking over to you. "Later on yes, i'm with kyle for the first few weeks." 

The answer very visible took him surprised as he placed the glass on the wooden table in front of him. "With Kyle? You two a thing?" 

"No not really, We just want to spend some time together." You looked back at him, trying to read his impression. 

"If he doesn't treat you right let me know, i'll have him run some extra miles from that day on. And I mean it". His words just made you chuckle. "Will do John, he is a good kid i don't think you have to worry."

"I always worry, in my eyes you're still the little school kid with messed up hair and bruises from playing so much". He placed his arms around you, pulling you into a fatherly hug. "Please let me know if you need a ride, i'll pick you up at any time."

"I will Thank you John". 

You continued with the paperwork ahead of you, writing down the needed information about your last mission.