Jimin's Decision

Hey guys, before you read this chap, please vote for my poll about what fanfic I should do next. It will help me out a lot to know what you guys want to see. It shouldn't take you any longer than 30 seconds, and you get to choose my next story. I will leave a link below this a/n that you can copy paste into your browser. Thanks everyone :)

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/15516129/What-Should-Be-My-Next-Fanfic

~19:56~

"I thought your father was born on Mars?" Jimin asks as you step into the cockpit, sitting on the co-pilot's seat.

"Well, he was. He was raised on Mars, it's his home."

"Okay, so how can he be born in two places at once?"

You shake the thought away. "He was born on Kepler then transferred to Mars not long after. He considers himself a Martian born, tells everyone that, even me, but eventually he told me the truth. Kepler is an old station used only for experimentation."

"Is your father...?" Jimin starts, but you make an 'mm-mm' sound with your lips.

"An experiment? No. Not as far as I know. Kepler should be near Pluto."

"I'm sorry, did you say Pluto? As in, the abandoned planet Pluto?"

You nod, pretending you aren't trembling at the thought. "Yeah, see why you don't know about it? It's not exactly something considered common knowledge." You flip on the controls as Baekhyun strolls in, his jaw dropping at the sight of you taking control of the ship.

"What's going on?"

"We're setting course for Kepler Station," you reply.

"Kepler? I've never heard of it."

You freeze, glancing back at Baekhyun. "You don't know where it is?" He shakes his head. Your eyes widen, and you stare at your Captain. Jimin meets your gaze, then realizes what you're so amazed at.

Jimin chuckles, softly smiling. "Yes, Y/N. You can fly us there."

You squeal, hopping out of the co-pilot's seat and jumping into the pilot's seat. As soon as you hit the seat, you feel a wave of much needed ecstasy hit you. Your fingers hover over the controls, your eyes darting around and trying to take it all in at once. Flying a cruiser... flying the Moonchild; you're about to fly the Moonchild. You let out a small laugh before placing your hands on the yoke and taking a deep breath.

"Let's do this," you whisper before the ship comes to life under your grasp. Your mouth nearly falls open when the ship moves where you tell it to, zooming across the open space freely.

"You don't want to do autopilot?" Baekhyun asks in disbelief.

You shake your head, peering out at the stars that pass as you traverse. "Now why would I ever want to do that?" you whisper-ask, still taking in all your surroundings. You're near Neptune now, but you choose to keep your distance. It takes you a minute to get used to the acceleration the Moonchild has, but you're a quick learner, especially when it comes to ships.

"How long do you think it will take us?" Jimin asks.

"Hard to say, my guess is we still have a good five hours."

"You sure you want to fly all five?"

You softly smile, running your finger over the joystick and letting out a relieved sigh. The rumble of the Moonchild is beautiful. The controls are beautiful. The entire ship is beautiful. You want to fly this thing as often as possible. So, you give Jimin a nod. "Always."

Adrift ~Book 1 || •PJM• (Rewritten Edition) ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें