sleepover!

Henry POV:

Ralph and I had a sleepover planned for Saturday and it's finally Saturday. Ralph's coming over in a few hours. I'll clean a few minutes before he gets here. "HENRY! ITS RALPH" I hear my mum call. already?! I didn't have time to clean! I check the time. 10:08am. oh well. I head downstairs as I rub my eyes. stumbling a few times. "Henry! go get a top on!" my father yells. I look in the direction my dads voice came from, look down at myself, then look at Ralph. he looks like a tomato and I probably do too. I forgot to put on a top. embarrassing. oh well, nothing he hasn't seen before. "cmon, gimme a bag Ralph" I offer. he shakes his head. "H-Henry I can carry them. go put on a t-top" Ralph stutters a little. I shrug and go to my room to put on a top and change my pants. was he blushing or embarrassed? either way, I know i was blushing hard.

time skip SJSJWKEJJ

Ralph dumps his bags in the corner where he usually does but he put them down slowly. "Ralph? are you okay? you seem.. cautious?" I finish putting on my top and sit on my bed and watch him walk towards me. he sits on the bed with me looking down at his fingers. "Henry?" he mutters. "Ralph?" I reply, tilting my head to get a better look at his face. silence falls between us for a while and I see his face go a light shade of pink. "never mind. wanna go prank Margaret?" he perks up. "Ralph, you know you can tell me anything, right?" I smile. he nods awkwardly and pulls me off the bed by my hand.

we finished setting up the prank. now we just have to wait for her to come outside. it's just a couple minutes before she comes and gets covered in water from the bucket above her door. we decided to do something simple because we're both tired. "HENRY, RALPH! HOW COULD YOU?! I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!" she yells dramatically in our direction as we both pop up from the fence. we prank each other back and forth nearly every day. we just laugh when we prank each other now. Susan comes out with spare clothes for Margaret. Margaret goes inside to change while Susan waves in our direction and goes up to their tree house. Ralph and I wave back and leave to our fort. I sit down and Ralph joins me. we talk and laugh for a while. we quiet down and sit in comfortable silence. I stared at him as he pulled out his phone. did he really nearly say my name when he was asking Brian about how he felt? I couldn't stop thinking about it ever since it happened. I think I feel how Ralph feels too. am I in love with him? maybe I am? "Henry? you're staaaariiiingg" he stretches out the word 'staring' and smirks at me. "n-no! I saw a fly and stared into space!" god, I'm so bad at lying. he just laughed. "whatever you say Henry" Ralph winked at me and I felt my face heat up. "HENRY" I hear Margaret yell. "I'll be back" I say, sighing to Ralph. he nods and I exit the fort.

"hey Marge" I say, leaning on the fence. "did you see where Susan went? I checked the tree house but she's not there" she has a worried expression on her face. "no I haven't sorry. maybe she's in the bathroom?" I scratch my head. "I'll check" she says. but as she goes to leave. "wait" I say awkwardly. she turns around to face me again. "how do I.. um.. how do i tell someone I like them?" I turn a deep shade of red. "oOo, Henry likes a girl??" Margaret teases. "well.. I wouldn't say girl" I look down and give a nervous smile. Margaret stays silent for a while. "it's Ralph isn't it? you like Ralph don't you?" she crosses her arms and smirks knowingly. "WHAT?! h-how did y-" she cut me off. "it's so obvious Henry. you're always staring or smiling at your phone when he texts you" she sneers. Ralph exits the fort. "Henry? are you okay?" he starts walking towards us. "also, I, think he likes you too" Margaret whispers before leaving to go inside.

no ones POV:

Ralph and Henry are in Henry's room now and Ralph's asked probably a thousand times to tell him what Marge and Henry were talking about. "Henry pleaaaseeee!! I'll do whatever you want!" he begs. "Ralph! I'm not telling!" Henry blushes and looks away. "Henry! Ralph! dinner!" they hear Henry's mum yell. Henry sighs in relief and Ralph whines.

time skip ✨

they put their dishes in the sink and go back up to Henry's room. they talk for a few hours until Peter comes in. "hi Henry, hi Ralph" Peter says quietly. "what do you want" Henry rolled his eyes at his brother. "um what does it mean when someone calls you gay?" he plays with his fingers nervously. Henry and Ralph look at each other then back to Peter. "who called you that?" Ralph says in a quiet voice. the tone of Ralph's voice made Henry feel safe. "I don't know who he was but he was bigger than me" Peter looked up at them. "gay means a boy who likes another boy" Henry blushed. 'I'm gay, aren't I?' Henry clicked. "but I like lots of boys! all my friends! does that make me gay?" peter exclaimed. "no Peter" Ralph laughs. "it's where you like like a boy" Peter looked stunned and said "oohh" before hesitating and leaving the room. Henry and Ralph look at each other and burst out laughing.