Ralph and Henry ):

a few weeks later. they hadn't had much sleepover as Ralph was dealing with his parents divorce so they only saw each other at school
ALSO TW FOR SH! ILL PUT A TW WHEN NEEDED SO U CAN SKIP

Henry's POV:

my favourite part of the day is seeing Ralph at school. I'm always so excited. Peter and I get along most the time now but mum has shouted at me more. she thinks I'm still being horrid to him. I pick up my bag and head out the door. "no food today Henry?" Peter asks, grabbing his toast and his bag before leaving with me. "nah I'm not really hungry" I shrug. Ralph runs up to us and gives me a quick peck on the cheek. Peter giggles and we start our walk to school. most the day was normal. saying bye to Peter, hanging out with Margaret and Susan, they went through a fight so they're kinda awkward around each other at the moment, first lesson, break, second, third, and lunch. lunch was when something weird happened.

I leave the classroom with Margaret. I'd been hanging out with her all day because she misses Susan and we're trying to come up with ways to get them back together again! well, trying to make things fine again. I've suggested Margaret leave her alone but she hates being alone. she's tried apologizing and saying she was wrong but Susan would ignore her and Margaret would go cry. when I talk to Susan about it she says she's mad and wants to be left alone for a while. I tell her about how Margaret doesn't want to be alone she shrugs and walks off. girls are really difficult... I'm glad I'm gay!

"I haven't seen Ralph all lunch" Margaret said. "did you guys fight too?" I shook my head. "no. last I saw he was with Bert" I shrug and look behind me. sure enough Ralph was there with Bert. he was looking at me so I waved to him but he looked away. strange, he's never done that before. I brush it off and sit with Margaret under the tree. "I just.. I don't know what to do! I've tried everything and she still won't forgive me!" she holds back tears. "Marge, I really think you should try leave her alone for a few days. she needs time alone" I rub her shoulder awkwardly. I'm not good with feelings! as we've seen... anyway! that's not the point. she shakes her head. "okay, Marge" I take my hand off her shoulder and she looks at me. "if you don't talk to her until she talks to you I'll give you $20" I sigh. she smiles and nods. "okay! but you better keep your word" she poked me and gets up and leaves. I stand up and go to find Ralph. I walk around the school and couldn't find him. the bell rings for last lesson and he's not there. that's strange.

after the lesson I felt... off. like something was wrong. I slowly walk out the gate and stand there to wait for Peter. I see Ralph getting in his mums and and we make eye contact. I wave but he looks away and crosses his arms angrily then his mum starts to drive off. I feel like I've got a stomach ache. like my heart sunk and got eaten. this is the most hurt I've ever been. I see Ralph turn back and stare at me face dropping. I probably looked really sad because Peter started hugging me. "oh, hey Peter" I said slowly rubbing his back. I shake my head and pat his back. "okay, let's go home now" he nods and let's go. I ask about his day and he tells me about it. he asks about mine and I tell him that I'm fine. I don't need him worrying for me. we reach home and Peter goes into the lounge to watch TV with our parents. his parents more like. I go up to my room and dump my bag on the floor then flop on my bed. I sigh and pull out my phone and text Ralph.

Henry_LovesR
Ralph?
are you okay?
seen 3:24

Henry_LovesR
Ralph I'm sorry
seen 3:31

I sigh and put my phone on charge. I feel a sharp pain in my throat as I lay back down. I feel tears threatening to escape my eyes.

"cmon Henry. he hates you now!"
"you know what to do"
"it'll make you happy again"
"Ralph doesn't care. he never did"
"go on!"
"you're useless anyway"

I feel tears falling down my face. I reach into my draw and head to the bathroom.

TW STARTS NOW!

I lock the bathroom and sit near the toilet. I grab my favourite piece of silver and pull up my sleeve before dragging it along, and long, and along. until there's a small puddle of red in the toilet. more and more I draw.
TW OVER

I stop when I hear a knock. I cough and splutter, grabbing toilet paper and cleaning myself. "yeah?" I yell out. "I need to use the bathroom Henry. are you almost done?" I hear my mum yell. "yeah, nearly!" she hums as a response and I chuck the toilet paper into the toilet and flush it. I wash my hands and arm and pull down my sleeves. I check the toilet before leaving. it's fine. I open the door and go back to my room, pulling up my sleeve again and staring my arm. I look at it angrily. 'I was doing so well...' I thought to myself. just then I hear a knock on our front door. "Henry! it's Ralph! he's coming up" my mum calls.

thanks to Maronettez for ideas 😍♡