Ralph to the rescue

Henry POV:

after school
Ralph was holding my hand and telling me I was going to be fine while we walked to Ophelia's car. Amelia was there. they looked at each other and then at me. "Henry? surprised to see you here" Ophelia tries to say sweetly. it was obvious that they needed to do something this afternoon. I opened my mouth to speak but Ralph jumped in. "I know you had a meeting and we were all going, ma" Ralph said, referring to Amelia. "but Henry's parents are..." he looked at me asking for permission to tell them. I hesitated before nodding slowly. he looked back at his mums. "his parents are abusive and I didn't want him staying there" he looked at me and held my hand. Ophelia looked at me in shock and Amelia was covering her mouth with her hands before pulling me in for a hug. "okay,  Henry. you're staying with us until the police sort them out" Ophelia said, patting Amelia on the back as a sign for her to let me go. she did and Ophelia started driving.

as soon as we got to Ralph's, Ralph grabbed hold of my hand and lead me to the kitchen. "quick grab all the snacks you can and then go to our- uh my room while I distract them from coming in here" he kissed me and went out to distract his mums. when he reached the door he told me to stop twice. I stole a handful of crisps, a tin of cookies, and a box of chocolates before running up to his room and stomping twice. in a few seconds he came running up and closing the door behind him. "ooo you got awesome stuff!" he grabbed some of the snacks out of my arms and sat down on the bed, putting them in front of him while I copy his movements.

Ralph asked what happened and wanted to explain I'm full detail while we eat the snacks. I told him about everything while eating (ur favourite crisps here). I was trying my best not to cry while telling Ralph about everything. he seemed to notice  and he pulled me in for a hug. "it's okay Henry, you're allowed to cry" he kissed me on the cheek and I started crying. "I-I don't want to g-go home" I sob into Ralphs shoulder as he plays with my hair. "you're never going back there. you're stuck with me!" he starts tickling me, making me laugh and distracting me from crying.

when we calmed down we started eating all the snacks and talking about anything but my parents. "boys! the people for Amelia's job interview said that they want us ready soon. we're going to a restaurant so dress nice please" Ophelia smiled. "and no more sneaking snacks" she laughed and left the room. "I don't have any clothes so I have to wear yours" I laugh and Ralph sighs. "nooo you're gonna steal them!" he whines and laughed with me. he gets up and finds me clothes. "not a suit I hate those" I complain. "we have to dress nice Henry" Ralph hands me the suit and goes to find himself one.

my suit is over-sized and the sleeves go past my hands. "you look like a baby in that" Ralph laughs. "I do not!" I huff and cross my arms. he walks over to me and pulls me in for a hug. "you're my baby" I blush and he picks me up from the waist and brings me out the room. "Ralph! I can walk!!" I flail around in his arms and he laughs, setting me down at the top of the stairs, stealing a kiss and running down. "wha- you can't do that!" I chase after him. "yes I can!" he laughs, running out to the car as I chase him. we reach the car and he gets in, closing and locking the door behind him. he starts laughing really hard tears come out. Ophelia and Amelia come out and Ophelia locks the door behind them and walks to the car. "oh Henry, can I fit your suit?" Amelia walks over to me and I nod. she fixes up my suit so I don't look too much like a baby. when she fixes my sleeve she put it up a little too high and saw my scars. "oh my, you poor thing" she pulls me in for a tight hug before pulling my sleeves down a little more to cover them. "alright, there you are" she smiles, pats me on the shoulder and we both get in the car.