CHAPTER 4

It's a new morning after my brother and his mate left to meet Alpha Korn yesterday. I still haven't heard from my brother, and I'm worried because we're new to this pack, I'm also worried that the alpha will ask about our previous pack or why we had to leave it and come to the new pack for shelter. I know that my brother will handle the situation, but I still feel a little anxious about what might happen.

"Good morning, little omega." I suddenly heard a voice from the living room, and there I met P'khun sitting and having juice. How did he get inside the house?

"Oh, don't be scared; I entered using the back door; it was not closed." He replied as if he had heard my mind.

"You know if you keep standing there without having breakfast, you might faint." He must have been watching me, because he seemed to be able to sense the anxiety and confusion I was feeling. I just nodded and entered the kitchen to prepare breakfast for myself, but I couldn't help but turn around and look at him one last time before I left.

"Stupid Chay, how can you forget closing the back door? If Hia comes to know about this, he is certainly going to yell at you." I scolded myself and was about to check the fridge to get some ingredients.

"Don't worry about cooking the breakfast; I already prepared it for both of us to come and eat." I heard P'khun say that from the dining room.

What is happening today? Why does everything feel like it is not according to my daily routine? There were so many questions running through my head, and I didn't know the answers to them all.

"Little Omega, why do you look so stressed? First complete your breakfast, and then I will answer all your questions." He said it with a smile.

"How do you know? What am I thinking in my mind? Do you know how to read others' minds?" I questioned him out of curiosity.Suddenly, he started to laugh and answered with a playful smile on his face, "No, I don't know how to read minds, but I can read expressions." I just nodded in reply.

After having breakfast, we both sat in the living room, and I was waiting for him to start talking, but he looked like he was gathering his thoughts, so I decided to break the silence.

"Can you please tell what is going on? Why has my brother not returned home yet? " I asked him the question, but he only smiled and lost himself in his thoughts again.

"I apologise; I may not be able to answer all of your questions, but I will tell you why I'm here." I was waiting for him to continue.

"After your brother and my second brother announced they were mates with our father, he was so happy he was almost speechless. But," he paused and considered something.

"But what?" Now I was losing my patience.

"But our father kept a condition in front of your brother that made your brother lose his mind." I was confused.

" What was the condition?"" I asked P'khun.

" The condition was that you should marry my younger brother in order to save our family's honour." He said and I was speechless for a movement.

" But what about your younger brother's mate?" I questioned him. He looked a little taken back by my response. He would have thought I would have a panic attack or start a rampage, but I know how to control my anger and how to handle the situation better than my brother.

"You're not scared about the condition?" I calmly replied, "No, I am not scared."He nodded his head and replied to my question,

"Actually, my younger brother already found his mate, but he lost his mate due to a scary incident that happened in our pack a year ago. Since the day he lost his mate, he has never smiled or involved himself in our pack duties. I know this is all new information for you to handle, but trust me, I will be by your side for whatever decision you take." He assured me with a smile.

"You are not going to ask me about my mate." I questioned him.

" Sorry for being nosy; I already knew that you were born mateless. I could smell you the first day I met you. Who doesn't have a distinct odour that will aid your mate in locating you?" He looked sad when he told me about his discovery.

"You don't need to be sad for someone like me. I've always seen people give me that look when they find out I was born without a mate." I informed him, but instead of responding to me, he simply stared at me with a heavy heart and suddenly stood from his seat and hugged me tightly.

I have never been hugged by anyone apart from my brother, so it felt a little strange.

" Don't worry, little Omega; I will not let anyone hurt you or bully you. Now you're under my protection." He said it with a reassuring smile.

"Ok, now let's talk about the condition your father put in front of my brother." I tried to change the topic.

" Are you sure? You want to talk about it." He asked me again. I nodded in response.

" I know that I'm still too young to make decisions on my own, but my brother has already sacrificed his life to take care of me and protect me from the world. Now that I've finally got to do something for my brother and protect his happiness, I will never miss this chance. I will do whatever it takes to ensure my brother's happiness." My reply caused P'khun to be speechless.

"You're very brave to be an omega. I promised you that I would respect and support whatever decision you make. So please tell me what you intend to do." He smiled proudly at me.

"I have one question." I asked him, and he nodded to continue."What about your younger brother? Will he be able to accept your father's condition?" I enquired him. He thought for a second and shook his head.

" I don't think so. He will accept marrying someone other than his mate." He seemed quite sure that it would not be possible for his younger brother to accept someone else as a mate other than his already chosen one.

"Now I'm scared. How am I going to protect my brother's life?" I said it out loud, which made P'khun hear my thoughts.

"Rest assured My little omega I already told you. You will have my full support. I will make sure that my younger brother accepts this marriage. " With a mischievous grin, he said this.

" Are you sure you will be able to convince your brother to marry someone like me?" I asked him His grin broadened as he replied, "Of course! I am his older brother, and he will listen to me." He said it with full confidence.

Now, how am I going to tell my brother about this? Is he going to scold me for making this decision without his concern? Oh, Moon Goddess, Please give me strength to handle the situation peacefully.

"Ok, then I'm ready to marry your younger brother in order to protect my brother's happiness." I informed P'khun, who looked like he was about to cry out of his happiness, and he hugged me so tightly that I wasn't able to breathe.

I have never known that P'khun is willing to do anything in order to protect his family. And my respect for him has gone higher.

"Would you like to join me for lunch?" It is already lunchtime; I will prepare something for us." He smiled and said, " How about we both cook together and play 21 questions? " I laughed at his suggestion and agreed.

We spent the whole day together. He is really an easygoing person. I literally love his company. We also discovered that we both like watching dramas and movies. He also suggested that we go on a series date, which made me laugh. He may appear to be an elderly, mature man, but he is a child at heart. I never imagined I'd have another friend besides Ohm. Now Ohm is going to be jealous that I have made a new friend, and I also want to see his reaction when I tell him I'm friends with P'Khun.

" Okay, I will be going now. Don't forget, whenever you need a company or a shoulder to lean on, I'm only a phone call away." He left after hugging me goodbye and reminding me that I could always come to him if I needed someone to talk to.

Now I really have to call my brother and ask him when he is going to come home.

_________________________________________________________

Don't forget to vote and comment your feedback.🥰🥰🥰