CHAPTER 5

Sorry, readers. I was taking my final exams, so I couldn't upload the chapters. From now on, I will be able to update the parts properly.

Enjoy the Chapter🥰

_________________________________

Kim's POV

"What exactly are you saying, Paa?" I am furious at my father right now.

"How can you decide for me? You know that I will not marry anyone other than my mate. I just lost my mate, and you expect me to move on just like nothing happened. How can you not care about my feelings?" I raged at my dad as he said I would have to marry an unknown person.

I know that life goes on and that I can't stop the cycle of life, but I do not think that anyone can expect me to move on so quickly after losing my beloved mate.

_________________________________

Chay's POV

After P'khun left home, I tried calling my brother, but he didn't return my calls. I'm so angry at him for not informing me about the situation and not picking up my calls. I know the decision I'm about to make is going to create a ruckus at home. But I believe the moon goddess is in this with me.

All I want is for my brother to be happy, but he refuses to show me any sign of weakness because he knows I will hold him accountable. He always ensured I was okay before himself, and now it is time for me to return the favour. I know this decision is going to be hard for him, but I also know it will make him happy in the long run.I hope that the moon goddess will help guide my brother and me in making the right decision.As I was about to go to sleep, I heard the doorbell. I hope my brother is back.

"Hia, where were you? Why were you not picking up my calls?" I started to shoot off my questions.But I didn't hear his voice as I went downstairs.

"Sorry, Nong Chay, he drank a lot today, so we had to bring him home late," P'Tem said the moment he saw me.

"We will leave him in his room," P'Jom stated, and they both led him into his room. I am still in shock to see him in this condition.

"We will get going It's already late; you should go and sleep. Tomorrow morning, you can talk to your brother about this, and please, N'Chay, don't be hard on him." I nodded in agreement as tears rolled down my cheeks.

I bid them bye and went to sleep in my room. This is the first time I've seen my brother this drunk. As I drifted off to sleep, I couldn't help but think about the sudden change in my brother's behaviour.

The next morning, I woke up and started to do my daily chores. My brother came out of his room, and I didn't greet him, "Good morning." I just continued with my work; I didn't even see his face. I'm so furious at him that if I talk to him now, I will blast at him.

"Chay, Can I talk to you?" He stated that as soon as he got the idea that I wasn't going to talk to him, I didn't respond to him. Later, I realised that my behaviour was not fair to him, and I decided to take a deep breath and have a calm conversation with him to understand his perspective and express mine as well. Communication is key in any relationship, especially with family.

"Yeah, let's talk," I said to him. We went to the living room. I sat on the couch, waiting for him to talk.

"Chay, I think we should leave this pack." I already knew what he was about to tell me.

"Care to elaborate? Why do we need to leave the pack when you have just found your mate?" He sighed and sat next to me, taking my hand.

"It's not safe for us here anymore. The alpha has been making some questionable decisions lately, and I fear for our safety."

"However, you are aware that this will require you to sever ties with your mate, correct?" I questioned him. But he didn't answer and put his head in his hands.

"So, when are you going to tell me about the conditions?" I asked him straight away. He lifted his head in shock.
"What are you talking about, Chay?"
I repeated my question, "When are you going to tell me about the conditions?" and waited for his response, hoping he would finally open up to me."How did you hear about that?" he asked me.

"It doesn't matter, but don't you think you should at least discuss this matter with me?" I was not feeling good about this fight we are having now. But he needs to understand that I also get to say something on this matter because it directly involves me.

"No, Chay, I didn't mean to hide it from you. I just needed time to think about how this situation is going to affect you; I don't want you to suffer because of me."

"Hia, you think so little of me; you don't think that I can share your pain when you suffer." I was feeling the urge to cry.

"If you think only you can make all the sacrifices just for the sake of taking care of me, then you are highly mistaken." He stared at me in disbelief because he knew what I had decided to do.

"Chay, What are you talking about? No, you're not going to marry an unknown person." He raised his voice. I know now that this is going to be the biggest argument we've ever had in our lives.

"Hia, I'm sorry, but I have made my decision. I understand that you are worried about me, but I have thought this through and I believe it's the right thing for me to do. I hope you can support me in this."

He fell to his knees and started to cry. I ran to hug him and assured him I would be fine because he would be with me even after the marriage, so he could take care of me."I'm sorry, Chay. It is all happening because of me." He was sobbing.

"No, Hia, it is no one's fault. Don't you always say everything happens for a reason? " I said to him."Hm," he responded.

"Maybe the Moon Goddess just found me a match because I don't have a mate. If you think about it, maybe I can finally stop feeling sad for not having a mate to do all the chores." I joked about it. He finally laughed.

"Alright, I'm not going to question your decision. But if he makes you sad in any way, I will have to kill him." What he said made me laugh I felt relieved that he understood my decision and even made me laugh with his comment about killing my so-called unknown partner if he made me sad. It was good to have a brother who supported me in my choices.

"I only wish for your happiness." We both said it at the same time.

_________________________________

Far away from the pack, there was a small house.

"No, no, no this can't be happening; he cannot marry someone other than me. He made a promise that he would never see someone else as his partner other than me." She shouted and started to throw things.

"You do know he is not meant to be with you, right?" An elderly person told her.

"Don't you dare interfere in my problem, old man? If he is not going to be mine, he cannot be with someone else. I have to kill that filthy little omega for taking what is mine." She was shouting in rage.

_______________________________

Please do vote and comment your feedback 🥰🥰🥰