CHAPTER 8

Everyone looks happy and enjoys the after-party. Tankhun has arranged everything to make a beautiful setting. The music is still playing, and people are dancing while others are chatting and laughing. Tankhun's efforts have definitely paid off, creating a memorable night for everyone.

But the only people who were not able to adjust to their surroundings were the newlywed husbands.

Alpha Kim is busy with his phone; he was working on something important. On the other side, Chay was in no mood for partying; he wanted to talk to Alpha Kim and get to know him.

"Alpha Kim..." Alpha Kim interrupted Chay just as he was about to start the conversation.

"I will have to leave for a business trip. I will be back in two days. We will have a talk after I return." He told Chay and was about to leave, but Chay got hold of his sleeve and said,

" Have a safe journey" and smiled at him.

His smile created a sense of warmth and comfort in the man's heart, making him wonder how this little omega made his heart skip a beat.

____________________________________

Kim's POV

"Alpha Kim"

As I was leaving the venue, I heard someone calling me. I turned around to see, and, to my surprise, little Omega was running and had stopped in front of me. I didn't want to see his face so I turned my face. The atmosphere around us felt a little awkward.

"What happened?" I asked him in my alpha tone. He was taken aback and started to tremble.

" I... I. I wanted to ask you... you whether you had dinner or not." He started to stutter.

"No, I will have it on my way," I informed him and started to leave, but suddenly I felt a pain in my shoulder, which I rubbed off.

I felt a strange feeling, so once I turned to see behind me, the little one was still standing there and was lost in his thoughts. So I just went back and stood in front of him. His head was down, and I wasn't able to see his face. He was trying to say something, but I couldn't hear him.

"Here," I handed him my card. He was looking at it.

"Call me, if you want to talk to me or if you have any questions about me," I said and left.

As I entered the car, I called Big. " Is everything ready?"
"Yes, boss," Big replied.

"I want every detail about that person. Make sure no one knows about this." and end the call.

I will reach my destination by morning. This meeting is really important to me. But I wasn't able to focus, and that particular person was occupying my mind.

No, I can't let him distract me. I'm on a mission to find the truth.

____________________________________

Chay's POV

What should I do now? Alpha Kim left soon, telling me he had an important meeting to attend. I searched for P'Khun to get to know where to Alpha Kim's room is, but, he was busy with his mate as his mate returned from abroad. They were enjoying the night, and I didn't want to disturb them.

I left the place and entered the mansion in search of Alpha Kim's room. On the way, I asked to pack members a way to his room. A little kid suddenly interrupted and said,

"Are you searching for Uncle Kim's room?" he asked and signalled me to pick him up.

"Yeah, do you know where it is?" I asked him, squatted down, and picked him up.

"Yes, of course, I know. I'm his favourite nephew." He said it with a proud smile.

"Is It? What is your name?" I questioned him as he was showing me the direction.

"Yes, and my name is Venice. My father's name is Vegas, and my papa's name is Pete." He started to tell me about his papa.

"This is Uncle Kim's room." He said and I let him down.

"Venice?" We heard someone calling him.

"Ah, oh, my papa is calling. I will go and find him. We will talk tomorrow; I have many games to play. We will both play and talk more. Have a good night." He said that and ran away to find his papa. Such a sweet kid. I smiled and entered the room.

As soon as I entered the room, I was astonished by the size of the room. It was so big. The high ceiling and the spacious layout of the room made it feel even larger. I couldn't help but feel a sense of awe and wonder as I took in my surroundings.

He even has a guitar collection. I never thought he was a music person. So, I finally get to know something new about him. Now, I have an idea of how to get along with him. Since we both have the same interests, it will be easy for me to talk with him. But I still don't know how to start a conversation with him.

Ahhh, I feel so tired. I will head to bed and try to get some sleep.

P'khun stated that he has already organised my belongings in the room. As I was changing into my pyjamas, something fell off of my pants. I bent down and picked it up. It was the card given by Alpha Kim. It had his number on it. I took my phone and saved his number. I was thinking about whether I should text him or not. I couldn't decide if I should make the first move or wait for him to text me. Obviously, he can't text me because he doesn't have my number. After a few minutes of contemplation, I finally decided to send him a message.

"Hey, this is my number. Have a safe flight, and good night." I sent it to him, closed my phone without waiting for a reply, and went to bed.

______________________________________

Kim's POV

Ding,

I heard my message tone and checked my phone. As soon as I saw the text, unknowingly, a smile appeared on my face. Suddenly, I realised what had just happened. How can that little one make me smile?

No, I can't do it. I can't accept him; I have already broken my promise. I should be careful in the future. I can't let him replace my mate. I shut off my phone and threw it on the seat next to me.

_______________________________________

Please, don't forget to vote and comment 🥰🥰🥰