Chapter 5

"One thousand!" The Qin family shouted in succession.

"You really did great things without saying a word!" The aunt admired her mother-in-law.

"What about the money? That's the quota for second girl; shouldn't money belong in our second room?" Qin Shi's stepmother stared.

"Mom, did you really sell it for a thousand yuan?" Qin Shi's father was not surprised.

Grandma Qin looked at the whole family that had asked her about the whereabouts of the money. She shouted at them in anger, "If it weren't for the second room's leg injury, how could I sell it? Money! I know the money; it's all spent, no!"

After yelling at the crowd, Grandma Qin pointed her fingers at Qin Shi again and said, "You just keep going day by day. Every time you go out and come back, you bring back trouble!"

"Stop at home and wait for me to marry you out!"

Qin Shi looked at the recalcitrant Grandma Qin and said, "Grandmother, you'd better return the money to others earlier. Buying and selling university quota is illegal, and you will be arrested and put in prison."

Grandma Qin was scared back when she wanted to swear, but then she remembered that her aunt's family had also sold theirs, and she was not caught, so she immediately straightened out and said, "Nonsense!"

Qin Shi put down her chopsticks, took out the newspaper that she found after running around the town all afternoon, and handed it to Grandma Qin: "Grandmother, it's really illegal. You see, many people have been arrested."

It has only been two years since the resumption of the college entrance examination, and the number of people who privately replace, buy, and sell university quota is countless, which has been strictly controlled and specially reported.

It's just that the village is backward in thinking and the villagers are ignorant or knowingly guilty.

Grandma Qin stared at Qin Shi and said, "I won't look!"

Qin Shi saw that she did not answer, so she put the newspaper beside her, took up the bowl, and began to eat the remaining porridge.

Hmm... Sweet potatoes are good, but the rice is not. The way porridge is cooked is also perfunctory, resulting in the taste of the porridge being worsened by three points.

The aunt picked up the newspaper and saw a row of handcuffed people on it. Her heart jumped. She handed the newspaper to her baby son, Qin Cong, for him to read.

"What is written on it!"

Qin Cong saw the title at a glance. After scanning it, he found that the picture was really a business deal, and they were caught seizing university quotas. He was shocked.

He looked at Grandma Qin in a bit of panic and said quickly, "Grandmother, this is true, and you will be caught in the bureau!"

"Ah!" Grandma Qin panicked, "No, someone else has bought it! How can they be all right? I don't want to enter the bureau; I don't want to ah wu..."

Grandma Qin is a standard rural woman. She is ignorant and naturally afraid of the police and the police station. She was frightened to hear that she would be locked in prison.

"So Mom, did you really sell a thousand yuan for the university quota?" Qin Shi's stepmother didn't believe that she had spent all the money. There was nothing to spend in the countryside. She didn't go to town, and the money must still be hidden.

"Yes, Mom..." The aunt was not stupid. She opened the door and asked, but was interrupted by Grandfather Qin's roar.

"When is it? Don't think of ways to help your mother and still think about money here, huh?"