Chapter 1

(Present Time)

(A/N POV)

King Jin is sitting at the dining table waiting for his brothers to arrive. He was physically present but, in his mind, he's back 17 years ago. He was remembering what happened back then. He was remembering the happy memories that he didn't notice that the others had joined him at the table.

"YO OLD MAN BACK TO EARTH PLEASE" someone shouted bringing Jin back to his senses.

"Why the heck Suga? Why did you shout and why the hell are you calling old?" Jin asked while glaring at Yoongi.

"We called you so many times and hung but you never answered, So I shouted," Yoongi said shuddering.

"You Ok, Hyung? You were lost in thoughts." Namjoon asked.

"I'm fine Joon. Just remember our baby." Jin said smiling sadly. Everyone's mood suddenly fell into a sad one.

"Don't worry hyung, we will find him. We definitely will." Taehyung said in a determined voice.

"But when Tae? It's been 17 years. I miss him." Hoseok said in a broken voice.

"We will find him. I know we will. I don't care if it takes my whole lifetime, I will find him and I'll not stop until I do." Jin said with determination.

"How do you think he'll be like now, hyung?" Jimin asked.

"He must be looking a lot like mom. "Hoseok said.

"Enough talk. Let's finish our breakfast. We have many things to finish today." Namjoon said.

Everyone nodded. The servants brought their lunch and they started to eat.

(Same time)

(Somewhere in a village called Daesung.)

A young boy is working inside a bakery. He is working on a dough while humming a song. There were not a lot of customers that day because it was about 9.00 a.m. The bell in the bakery rang indicating that a customer has arrived. He dusted his hands in his apron and went to the counter area. He looked at the customer and smiled.

"Good morning, Mrs. Song." He greeted the old lady. "Good morning, Jungkook." The older lady greeted him back. "What would like to have today?" Jungkook asked the lady." The usual?" "Yes, please." The lady confirmed." Jungkook took two crescents, put them in a box, and gave them to the lady. Mrs. Song gave him the money and turned to leave.

"Wait." Mrs. Song turned to Jungkook who was holding a brown paper bag. "This is some newly baked cookies. It's my new recipe. Please try it and tell me how is it." Jungkook said giving it to her. Mrs. Song took a cookie out and immediately ate it. Her eyes widened.

"OMG. Kookie they are amazing." Thank you, Mrs. Song." Jungkook said with a shy smile.

"Do you have more of these? My husband is coming this week for the weekend. He would love it." Mrs. Song said making kookie's smile widen. He returned to the kitchen, brought some more, and gave it to her. Mrs. Song thanked him and handed him 4 Gold coins.

"It's for free Mrs. Song," Jungkook said. "Please take it, kook. Your work is amazing. Please your boss will scold you for the ingredients you took now." Mrs. Song said. Jungkook thanked her and took the money.

(At night- 6.00 p.m.)

"Jungkook, you can go now."' Hi, the boss told him. Jungkook nodded and went to change his clothes. He returned after changing, wished his boss good night, and went to his house.

He realized that he was late and he quickly arrived home. He entered the house slowly only to receive a slap on his face making him stumble.

"Why are you late?" His stepfather Mr. Jeon asked. "S-Sorry sir. The café was a-a b- bot busy. So, I had to work overtime." Jungkook stuttered.

"Whatever, next time don't be late or else." He spoke. "Y-yes sir," Jungkook said. "Now go. Make me dinner." Jungkook quickly nodded and ran to the kitchen. He quickly made some pasta and served it. "WHAT IS THIS SHIT??" Mrs. Jeon growled. Jungkook backed away from fear. Hi, stepfather slapped him hard which made him fall on the floor. He was beaten until he passed out.

Words- 702

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Stay Safe.

Stay healthy.

saranghae. 💜💜💜