Chapter 19

(The Next Day)

(Jungkook POV)

I woke up due to a nightmare. I saw that I was back in the house I used to live in Daesung, and sir was walking toward me with a whip in his hand telling me how wrong it was for me to disobey his orders and get to the palace. I was pleading with him to have mercy. 

I was breathing heavily. I heard a door opening and someone sitting next to me. I felt that person rubbing my back, I couldn't recognize who it was. My mind was foggy and I couldn't breathe and I felt like I was underwater. "Come on, Kookie. Breath. That's it. Follow my heartbeat, Come on, you can do it." I heard someone talking to me. Slowly, I was able to see again and I felt my breath slowly become steady. "That's it. Good Job, sweetie." I heard. I slowly started to regain my senses. I realized I was leaning on someone and my heart was at his heart feeling its rhythm. I looked up to see Jin Hyung, looking worried. When he saw me looking at him, he gave me a comforting smile. "It's ok, I got you. You're safe." He said to me.

 I snuggled into him enjoying his warmth. "Is he ok?" I heard someone asking. I opened my eyes looked around and realized all of my brothers were there and looking concerned. "He's ok now." Jin Hyung said in an assuring tone. "What happened?" I asked them. "Namjoon Hyung came and sat next to me and Jin Hyung faced me. "You had a bad panic attack, kook." He said. "Do you want to talk about what happened? What made you have a panic attack?" Hobi Hyung asked. I nodded. "I - I saw that I was b-back in the house in D-daesung. H-he was coming toward me with a w-whip. He said that I should have the consequences of disobeying him and going to the ball. H-he." I stuttered to tell. "It's ok, kook. He's not here." Jin Hyung comforted me. "I was p-pleading him to have mercy. He raised the whip when I woke up."I said more likely whisper. I felt Jin Hyung's grip tighten around me. "Nothing is going to happen to you. From now on nothing will happen to you. we will make sure of it." Yoongi Hyung said. I gave them a small smile. After some silence, I felt sleepy but I tried to fight it. "Would you like to sleep for a little while? It's still early. " Jin Hyung asked. I nodded. "C-can you guys stay with me till I fall asleep?" I asked. They all gave me a warm smile. Hobi Hyung joined me in the bed and hugged me. I slowly slept in my two brothers' embrace under the feelings of protection of my brothers. 

(Yoongi POV)

(Before Jungkook woke up)

I jolted up from my sleep to a scream. It took me a millisecond to figure out who was screaming. It was... Jungkook. I jolted out of my bed and ran out. I met face-to-face with Jin Hyung whose room is facing me. We both looked at each other before jolting to Jungkook's room. The others also joined us on the way. Jin Hyung reached first and quickly opened the door before running inside. There we saw Jungkook screaming in his sleep. Tears were running down his face and he was sweating badly. Jin Hyung quickly ran to him and started to wake him up. "Hey, kook, wake up. Come on. Wake up. You're safe." Jin Hyung said while shaking him, trying to wake him up. "Yoongi, can you - " Jin Hyung was cut off by Jungkook bolting up from his bed panting. As we watched his breath was uneven. He was having a panic attack. "No. No. No. " Jin Hyung said while quickly taking Kook into his embrace. "Hey, kook. Listen to me, breathe. In and out. Come on. You can do it. Come on." Jin Hyung said. When it wasn't working, he took Jungkook's hand and kept it on his heart. "Come on. Match to my heartbeat. Come on. You can do it. Come on, kook. You can do it. " Jin Hyung encouraged him. As we watched he's breath started to slow down. "That's it, good job, sweetie." Jin Hyung said. Jungkook slowly opened his eyes and looked around. Jin Hyung started to see comfort him assuring him that he was safe. "Is he ok?" Jimin asked. He looks shaken up. Hobi went to him and hugged him. "He's ok now." Jin Hyung said. When I heard why he was having a nightmare. I was sad and angry. How much that man is affecting his life? Even if he's locked up, he doesn't leave kook alone. 

After a while, we noticed that Kook was sleepy. When Hyung asked if he wanted to sleep, he gave a sleepy nod. When he asked us to stay until he fell asleep made my heart warm. Even though he doesn't know us for a long time. He trusts us. That made me happy. Within 5 minutes he was out. We watched him sleep slowly. 

"Why can't he just leave him alone?" Jimin asked out of nowhere. We all looked at him. "I - I can't understand, he never did anything wrong to him. So why?" Jimin asked tears pouring out his eyes. Tae went and hugged him. "The world is just cruel." Jin Hyung said softly. "If you're kind, the world uses you and tramples you. That's what's wrong. It's not his fault. It's the human's fault. They don't see the gem for what it is. They use it for their benefit. For Kook, Jeon only saw him as a person who he used. As a price, Jungkook is worth a lot. " Jin Hyung said. "But, why didn't he use him already?" Tae asked. " I don't know." Jin Hyung signed. There was silence. "On the bright side, nothing happened. We should be happy. " Hobi said. We all nodded. He's right. We all sat down on the couch and the edge of the bed. I can see that none of us are in the mood to sleep. We all sat down in the silence deep in our thoughts. 

To be continued....................

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone , sorry for not uploading in the last few weeks. This is the longest chapter I wrote. This chapter holds 5 CR pages. Hope you guys like it. 

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Stay Safe.

Stay healthy.

saranghae. 💜💜💜

- Seohyun Chingu.