Chapter 4

(Jungkook POV)

I was walking to the cafe in the morning. I already couldn't go to work yesterday because of the beating of the previous night I couldn't even get up. I was humming a song when I walked along the road. I saw many people talking to their children while taking them to school. Why can't I go to school? Why didn't my parents care about me? Why can't I be happy like others? I wish I could go to school, but my stepfather stopped me from going to school 2 years ago. He wanted me to make money for his alcohol addiction. At least go out and work. 

I was lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize that I already reached the cafe. I signed and walked in smiling at everyone inside the cafe. "Good morning, everyone.", I greeted while walking in. " Good morning, Kook." my co-worker, Chunga noona greeted me with a smile. I went to the changing room and changed into the uniform. 

(The uniform)

I went to the kitchen and started to make buns done

I went to the kitchen and started to make buns done. I was working on the dough when chunga noona came in. " Kookie, the boss is calling a meeting." I nodded and cleaned my hands before going. I went there and saw my other coworkers also sitting, so I went and sat next to chunga noon.

" Good morning, everyone." Boss Minho's aide comes in with some papers in his hands. We greeted him back while he kept it on the table and stood in front of us. " I called the meeting today to inform something important. You all know about the ball that is held on the lost prince's birthday, right?"  We all nodded. Everyone knew about it. Every year a ball is held to find the lost prince but he still isn't found.  Everyone in the kingdom adores him. " Yesterday prince Taehyung visited the cafe." The boss said earning a gasp from everyone. " He wanted to do the order for the royal ball and I accepted the offer,"  Minho said and we all started to cheer. This is exciting. Cooking for the royal ball and the royal will be having your food. It is an honor that everyone wishes to have. " Now the ball is in 2 days. Since we don't have much time I will be assigning all of you to different food. Let's get this done." 

Boss started to assign everyone their items. The cocktails were to be made in the palace. After the assignment was over, everyone was about to leave when the boss stopped us." I want to talk to Jungkook, Chinga, Jisung, Felix, and Solar." We looked at each other confused but stayed. When it was only us boss told us to sit together at a table and he sat with us." I called you all because you all going to come with me to the palace." I was shocked, nevermind everyone was shocked. We were going to see the palace. I suddenly started to panic. Even though I want to go, I can't. If I go that's another beating from sir. " B-Boss. II'm sorry but I can't go. I-" Boss cut me off," I know Jungkook. You need permission from your father but there's nothing I can do. The prince wanted me to bring you. He liked the food and drinks on the menu. He wanted me to bring you so that he can talk to you. It's a royal decree." He said. I was shocked. The prince, Liked my food?!?! I can die from this happiness. " Ok, boss," I said. I'll have to think of a way to go. 

(Time skip: Evening)

After a long day of work, I went to the house. It was a hard day. I was baking the whole day, I didn't even stop at lunch because I had to go home soon. I walked to the house to find that my stepfather wasn't home yet.  I started to make dinner after finishing making I realized I had about 10 minutes more so I started to clean the house. It was a mess made by sir's beer bottles, some smashed some still bottles, and of course blood.....my blood to be in fact.

 I was almost done when I heard the front door opening. My stepfather was home. " Where is my food, brat?" He yelled." In the kitchen, sir I'll serve now." I said and ran to the kitchen to get the food. Thank god it was still hot. I served it to him and waited in the corner until he finished eating." I'm going out of town for 3 days. Don't you dare break the rules or else..." He said in a voice that made me shiver in fear. I quickly nodded. I suddenly got a hard slap on the face." I need words, brat." He stated to my face. " Y-Yes sir," I said stuttering. After he finched eating, I washed the dishes and went to my room to sleep. I didn't have to worry about going to the ball now. I was thinking about the ball and didn't know when I fell asleep. 

( The house)

To be continued....................

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a good day/night

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Stay Safe.

Stay healthy.

saranghae. 💜💜💜

- Seohyun Chingu.