3-Cornered

Avi POV
"Avi you better get out of this room before I physically drag you to the studio." Kevin warned.
"No." I whined as Kevin opened the door.
"Kevin go away, I'm not in the mood."
"You're never in the mood anymore. We're still going to the studio." I shook my head.
"I'll be right back, you better be out of bed by then, I swear Avi." I turned on my side and desperately tried to sleep again. I heard footsteps and suddenly water was poured on my head. "KEVIN!" I yelled as I got out of bed. "Whatever it takes." he smiled."

All five of us bought a big house together so it's easier for meetings. Our 'studio' is in the basement of the house. I dried off my hair and finally let Kevin drag me down there. It mainly consisted of a few chairs, a keyboard, and a sound booth. I sat down and found myself surrounded by the other band members.

"Uh..." I mumbled.
"You need to tell us what's up right now." Scott looked me in the eyes.
"I'm fine!"
"No more games Avi, this is getting serious. Why can't you just tell us?" Kevin asked.
"You can trust us Avi, c'mon." Kirstie intervened.
"I'll tell you I just need some space, please." I allowed them to back up before I opened my mouth.
"I've just been going through some bad times recently but it's nothing serious. It has nothing to do with you guys. I'll be fine."
"Fine isn't missing stage cues and refusing to go to meetings! You've been so rude to Brinley lately, I'm surprised she's still with you!" Scott argued.

I lowered my head to my hands. Everyone is the same. They all think I'm dragging them down and ruining their reputations. I need a break. "LOOK I'M TRYING" Mitch flinched at my harsh tone. "CAN YOU JUST STOP TELLING ME HOW TO ACT?!" I tried to leave the music studio but Kevin and Scott grabbed my shoulders.
"We're just trying to help, Avi."
"I don't need your help." I brushed them off and walked back upstairs.

"I'm fine." I glanced into the mirror, I'm the definition of a mess.
"Avi..." Brinley said from the sofa. I don't even know when she got here. I sat down next to her and put my head on her shoulder. "You can't just abandon the rest of your band like that." I detached myself from her.

"I'm gonna assume they sent you here to help fix me. You can't fix what's no longer there."
"Avi c'mon at least fake it."
"I'm not going to fake anything, they deserve to know what's happening."
"But Avi..."
"I don't care about your image okay!!!" I stood up, "I'm tired of everyone treating me like this!" I abandoned her and walked out the front door. With my keys I sped off to no place in particular. I just need to be alone.

I ended up in a park the next town over. "Hey are you okay?" A short girl approached me.
"No." Her green eyes reflected sympathy and she sat on the bench next to me.
"You can tell me what's wrong. I'm Kyra." She seemed vaguely familiar.

"My girlfriend is abusing me and won't let me leave the relationship. I love her, I really do, but I can't take it much longer." I was surprised at my own willingness.
"Well if she really loved you she wouldn't do that to you."
"I don't know what to do." I sighed.
"How does she abuse you?"
"Mostly it's verbal, but it can get rough sometimes." I touched the mark on my ribs from those horrible stilettos.
"I think you should leave her. It's not worth the abuse."
"But I love her."
"But she doesn't love you. It will be hard but you can always find someone new."
"Thanks, I'll consider it. I'm Avi by the way."
"I know." She smiled.
"You know?"
"Yeah, we met at a bar. Also you're an incredible singer."
"Do you really think so?" I find it hard to believe anyone would like my voice. It's absolutely horrid.
"Of course! You're incredible! Your girlfriend a model right?"
"Yeah, an extremely  demanding model." I feel guilty for leaving Brinley on the couch.
"You need to stop her from getting into your head. She's lowering your confidence. C'mon." She grabbed my hand and pulled me off the bench.
"Where are we going?"
"You'll see." I followed her down the roads until we stopped at a large apartment complex. Still hand-in-hand we walked up four flights of stairs and ended at a doorway. "I'll be right back." Kyra disappeared into her apartment and came out with a tan acoustic guitar. "Okay let's go." She grabbed my hand and we trudged back down the stairs. I just went along with it. We finally stopped outside the large H&M.

"You want to go shopping?" I asked, puzzled.
"Nope you're going to sing. People love you...you'll see!"
"No, I'm horrible!" I groaned
"I'll sing with you. Just wait." She positioned the guitar and started softly strumming chords. I immediately recognized the song- Stay by Rihanna. As she sang the female part I was entranced by her voice. She is incredible! I almost forgot to come in (quite the habit) for the male part but she smiled when I joined.

People crowded around us as we sang and I started feeling overly self-concouis. As we sang the last note everyone clapped and I let the smile grow on my face. Kyra hugged me, "See I told you they love you!"
"I think they love you! You're incredible Kyra!"

Random people came up and complemented me and it was bringing back memories. It felt like discovering my love for music all over again. "Will you sing again?" A little boy asked. I turned to Kyra and she smiled. "You're on your own Avi."
I sang Mad World by Gary Jules and allowed Kyra to come in on guitar. I haven't felt this happy in a long time.

Kyra joined me for two more songs then we left the store. "Thank you so much." I smiled at her.
"I had fun too." She blushed. "I'll see you around Kyra!"

I caught a taxi back to the house and tried to enter as discreetly as possible. "Avi what the hell!" And I was already caught. "First you leave me all alone, then you go out when some other girl! What gives you the right?!" Brinley yelled at me.
"I'm allowed to socialize with other people!"
"Not with other girls; I don't trust you!"
"Well if it makes you feel any better, I had a lot more fun with her than I ever have with you!" I watched her face turn red at my comment. She walked right up to me and slapped me across the face. It barely even stings anymore...

"I can't believe you would cheat on me. That's twice now!"
"I have never cheated on you! Not once! How do you think I feel when you go out with other guys?"
"Than what's this?" She held up and article on her phone. It was titled 'Has PTX star Avi finally ditched Brinley?"

----
Avi, from the popular band Pentatonix, was spotted just now, holding hands and singing with a tall brunette. Has he finally decided to ditch the model, Brinley Dawson? Decide for yourself with these pictures.
----
There were pictures plastered all around the page. You could see Kyra and I holding hands and practically singing our hearts out. Honestly, I didn't regret it at all.
"She was just helping me!"
"Well I don't want you to go see her ever again."
"Whatever Brinley, I'm going to bed."
"We have a party tonight."
"Go be Kevin's plus one, I'm not going." She frowned as I walked away. Instead of heading to my bedroom, I traveled down to the basement.

"It's been so long." I mumbled as I picked up my own acoustic guitar. I struggled through basic chords but finally found my sound. I turned on the camera.
"Hey guys, it's been awhile since I made one of these. I've been going through some rough times lately but I have decided to cope with them through music. Hense, this video. I hope you enjoy." I sang U.N.I. by Ed Sheeran and allowed my soul to go free. This is exactly what I needed. When I was done I uploaded it to YouTube and fell asleep on the studio couch.

I woke up a few hours later to the sound of feet rushing down into the basement. It was Mitch. He ran into the corner and started all-out sobbing into his knees.
"Mitch, what happened?" I said sleepily.
"I can't tell you!" He said between cries.
"Why not?" He just sobbed in response.
"If it's making you this upset I should know."
"That never stopped you..." Well he's not wrong...
I rubbed his back but he refused to tell me what happened.
"I...I..." Mitch started but then continued crying harder.
"I was... raped."