13- Shards of Glass

Kirstie POV

Right now we're packing for two reasons. First, Brinley has a key to this place and no one wants to go near her. Second, this place brings Avi too many bad memories and we're trying so hard to help him.

"Kirstie!" Avi rushed in.
"Avi!"
"You'll never guess what I found."
"What is it?"
"It's an article about Brinley, read it."

----
Famous model/ Heartbreaker, Brinley Dawson was recently involved in a major scandal with Pentatonix. Her ex, Avi Kaplan, revealed the truth about their relationship. "She was abusive and absolutely horrible to be around. She wouldn't let me leave the relationship because it would be bad publicity. But now she set herself up with this scandal." Brinley sent in another Pentatonix ex, Charles Wilkins, to allegedly shoot both Avi and Mitch Grassi. Charles shot Kevin O in the arm and was sentenced to time in prison. Unfortunately Brinley did not face any charges since she did not complete any of the actions. I'm sure this will majorly damage not only her modeling career but also her social life. Good luck getting out of this one, Brinley.
----
"Was that from your interview the other day?" I asked.
"Yeah! I'm so glad the truth has finally gotten out!"
"I hope she loses her job. I never want to see her again."
"Me either." Avi sighed.
"How are you and Scott?"
"I don't know, he wants me to trust him but I can't. I'm still shocked that he would do that."
"Understandable. How are you?"
"Hanging in there."
"Good."

Avi POV

I left Kirstie in the almost empty living room and decided to finish packing my room. I just finished all my clothes when I stumbled upon something at the bottom of the drawer. I opened the box to find all my little razor parts. I haven't cut in a while, it seemed so foreign now. I was examining the blades when Kevin walked in.

"Oh no you dont!" He grabbed the box out of my hand.
"I wasn't going to, I swear!"
"That's what you said last time I caught you."
"I mean it this time."
"It's not safe for you to have these Avi." He started to walk away.
"No Kevin.... please."

"What?" He turned around.
"I need those. Please just let me keep them."
"I don't trust you not to do anything stupid." Well that hurt. I looked toward the ground.
"I didn't mean it like that!"
"Then what did you mean Kevin? Since I can't make my own decisions."
"It's not like that Avi! I just don't want you to hurt yourself anymore."
"Nothing hurts anymore. I'm used to it." I said angrily.
"I just want you to get better. These will only make you worse!"
"I CAN'T GET ANY WORSE." I yelled and Kevin stepped back.
"Please Avi... I just want to help."
"I DON'T WANT YOUR HELP. I CAN HANDLE MYSELF." My voice boomed across the room.
"Obviously you can't, because I can't trust you to keep yourself alive."
"DON'T YOU GET IT? I DON'T WANT TO BE ALIVE." My emotions were going up and down and it felt like the room was spinning.

"I don't need you." I whispered. Kevin looked like he was about to cry. He left the room in a hurry and I began to feel incredibly dizzy. I lost my balance and collided with the mirror on my way down. My sudden weight against it caused it to shatter, spewing shards of glass everywhere. As I laid on the ground I saw blood running down my arm. I tried to stand up but I slipped on the glass again. I felt pain in my back as I tried to pull myself up onto my bed.

"Ohmygod Avi! Did you punch the mirror?" Mitch ran in.
"No I fell, can you help me get up?" Mitch guided me to the bed.
"Are you okay?"
"No. I'm having trouble seeing. Is the room spinning?"
"No. You probably had another panic attack. I heard you yelling. Just take a few deep breaths." I was trying to breathe but my arm pain was overbearing.
"Okay I'm going to help you to the bathroom, you need to get cleaned up." Mitch took me to the bathroom.

"This might hurt, hold onto something." I screamed as he pulled a piece of glass out of my back.
"You're going be fine Avi, just keep breathing." He pressed a cloth to the wound and I automatically tensed.
"My arm..." Mitch pulled up my hoodie sleeve.
"Oh my, that is a large cut." He cleaned it off and wrapped it in a bandage.

"Are you alright?" He asked. By now my breathing had slowed and I could navigate on my own.
"I'm fine. Thanks Mitch. It means a lot."
"Anytime." I followed him downstairs to the kitchen.

"Avi what happened?" Scott asked.
"He cut himself-" Mitch said.
"You did what? AVI!" Kevin shouted, cutting Mitch off.
"It was an accident!" I pleaded.
"This is why we can't trust you." Did Kevin just completely disregard what I said.
"I'm fine Kevin. I swear." I said quietly.
"We need to put you on suicide watch or something." Kevin snarled.
"Kevin, stop. He said it was an accident. Why can't you trust him?" Scott asked.
"Because he told me he didn't want to live anymore." They all looked toward me.
"I...I..." I ran upstairs. Where is Kyra when I need her???

I'm tired of feeling so ashamed all the time. I have nothing to look forward to. My life is now built off rumors. I can't go in my room with all the glass so I ran into Scott's and locked the door. It was the closest escape I could find. I sat in the corner as tears slowly rushed down my face. They're going to send me away. I'm too unstable.

I hate this. I hate the way I look. I hate how I always make the wrong decision, especially when it comes to girlfriends. I hate that I'm hurting the others by acting this way. I hate that I can't sing without wanting to run away. I hate that I am not trustworthy and only bring others pain. I just can't do this anymore. I feel like I've been through way too much. It's all too overwhelming.

I heard the room open and I looked up. Scott stood in the doorway.
"How did you unlock it?" I asked.
"It's my room. I know that you don't like me, Avi, but I know how you feel."
"You what?"
"When I was in high school my parent didn't want to accept the fact that I was bisexual. They told me I was going to ruin the family. I was so heartbroken that I decided swallowing pills was a better idea than living. I almost died. If Mitch didn't find me when he did I would've been dead. Mitch was horrified that I would try it again, but he motivated me to keep going. I never imagined my life would ever be this successful. I'm so glad fate saved me that day. Please let us help you Avi. I know it's really hard, but we can't afford to lose you. We're all a family, and we need you. We aren't going to send you away, I promise."

I looked up at him with shaky breath. "I'm sorry but I don't know how much longer I can go on like this, Scott."

A/N: what do you think of this story so far?