23-Bullet Wounds

Avi POV

"I was hoping this would happen." Brinley smiled. She turned the gun away from Kyra and walked towards me. The nerves kicked in and I couldn't move. Why do I have to be so useless? She pushed me to the ground and aimed the gun at my head. "Any last words fatass?" She smirked. Memories flooded my mind...

Brinley and I sat on the couch watching a terrible reality show when she pushed me down. With my back against the couch she straddled my hips and pushed her lips against mine. It just wasn't the same anymore. I kissed back lightly but there was no passion in my movements. She did not even notice. She started to pull my shirt off but jumped off of me. "Have you gained weight?"

"What... I don't know..."

"You clearly have, Avi. What about my image?" I shrugged. Brinley is a model for some foreign company I've never heard of.

"Everything is always about you! Do you even care about me, at all? I can't take this anymore. I want to break up." The glare she sent me was horrific.

"No, you will not break up with me."

"Stop acting like you have control over my every action!" I raised the volume of my voice.

"If you even try to break up with me there will be consequences."

"Like what? Maxing out my credit cards? Because it's happened twice now and we've been a couple for five months." I started to walk out of MY house but she pulled me back by my hair.

"Brinley, stop." She pushed me down on the floor.

"Listen Avi, I can easily end your career in seconds."

"So what? That doesn't make me want to be with you." She held me on the ground with the heel of her shoe. An excruciating pain ran through my ribs since she wouldn't move.

"Okay, how does this feel Avi? Right now we're the biggest couple in the industry and I intend to keep it that way. If you break up with me I will blackmail and sabotage you until you can't take it anymore. Your choice." I whimpered as she finally removed her heel from my stomach.

"Why do I still love you after all this?" I breathed and she smiled dazzlingly.

"Good choice. Now lay off the... everything for a while." She tugged my hair as she left. Her stupid heels clicked in the hallway.

Anger ran through my mind. How could I have been so stupid, letting her control me like that? If I didn't put up with her I never would have been in this situation. I put all my friends in danger over a stupid ex who craved publicity. They didn't deserve that. She can hurt me all she wants but there is no way I'm letting her near the rest of them.

"Just shoot me already. Leave them out of this." I said strongly.

"God, Avi. Its like you have nothing to live for."

"You killed everything in me that wanted to live. I was stupid to ever agree to date you. You are nothing but a fame-crazed, stuck up, bitch." I snorted. "Go to hell, Brinley." I watched as her eyes grew angrier and angrier. She tightened the grip on her gun and practically shoved it against my head. I turned towards Kyra and mouthed 'sorry'. I know what I'm doing. I'm setting myself up for death. It's better for everyone. This is exactly what I planned on the way here. Kyra, Scott, Kevin, Kirstie, and Mitch don't deserve to put up with me anymore. I'm way too far in. You can't save someone when they already drowned twice. I can't handle this brokenness anymore. I reached to my pocket to make sure the note was still there. I guess this is my third suicide attempt. I'm surprised I lasted until now. What's taking Brinley so long?

"Did you forget how to shoot, Brinley?"

"I...I...can't do it." She brought the gun away from my head.

"Allow me." I ripped the gun from her grasped and aimed it towards her.

"AVI!" Someone screamed and it seemed that everyone was running towards me. I took a deep breath and shot Brinley in the chest. She screamed in pain as everyone around me gasped. What have I done...

I turned the gun towards my own head but it was ripped away from me. I looked up to find a battered Kyra with tears running down her face. "Avi. I'm not letting you leave me again." She pulled me into a tight hug. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Charlie pull out a gun.

"Kyra! You need to move!' I screamed while yanking her away from me. I felt a sudden pain in my head as I fell to the ground. Charlie shot me...

Kyra screamed my name but my vision was getting blurry. I smiled. This is what I wanted. I fell down into a pool of my own blood while the others crowded towards me. The last thing I saw was Charlie madly dashing up the stairs.

Mitch POV

*** three days later***

The hospital couldn't save him. No matter how many times I try to push that thought away it comes back to me and figuratively stabs me in the chest. They found a suicide note in his pocket. He wanted to die. He thought he was burdening us with his depression. I've never felt so guilty in my entire life. We should've tried harder to save him. Kyra is taking it the worst. The poor girl has been sitting in the hospital crying for the past couple of days. If she wasn't injured by Brinley she probably would've locked herself in her room. I catch myself crying every few hours too. Kirstie and I were the closest members to him in the band. At least ever since the big blow up he had with Kevin. I hate how I'm talking about him like he's already in the past. I will never ever forget about him. He may be dead, but he's gaining more and more support. I hope he's happy now. He's gone through too much to deserve more turmoil. Rest in peace, Avi.

Kyra POV

I didn't know I could sob any harder until I read what Avi wrote me in his letter.

Dear Kyra,

I know how much it hurt when I didn't tell you that I liked you back. You are such an incredible person. I didn't want you to deal with someone as problematic as me. I truly did like you Kyra. You are so beautiful and caring that anyone would be lucky to have you. You deserve much better than me. Please move on. I'm sorry I got you into this mess in the first place. Love you.

Avi.

He stole my heart than disappeared from the earth. As much as I wish he could come back I came to the realization that he never will. I tried so hard to save him but it didn't work. I will never ever forget the way he smiled when we first sung on the streets, or how cute his text messages were, or how he could pull off anything because he was so gorgeous. We may have never been together but I think he was my first love.

They broke apart Pentatonix in Avi's honor. They didn't want to sing without him, it would just bring too much pain. I feel upset. Not just for myself, but for the other four. They have known him for so long and now he's simply gone. He will never be forgotten. That is for sure.

Brinley died as well but no one really cared about her. I think we're all secretly happy that we don't have to put up with her ever again. Charlie got away but without Brinley he is nothing to worry about. I just wish Avi's death didn't have to be the thing to drive them away.

Rest in peace Avi. I love you too.

A/N: This is the final chapter of Through It All. Thank you so much for reading this story! I hope you all enjoyed it even though you're probably upset that I killed off the main character... Anyways, I think I'm going to take a break from writing for awhile. So I'm not sure if I will start a new story.  I know I left a few things unresolved so feel free to ask questions! You guys are the best :) -k